Backward Roll Push to Handstand

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast_bre

back extension, pike backward, whatever it is. I can't push. I end up landing my feet and my head is still on the floor. So I push up with my hands then. I have a recital the 28th and it's in the floor routine...so I need this QUICK! THANKS ^.^ check out my other threads

OMG! this skill was my worst enemy! It was the death of me. Okay, what I found easy was hurdling into it backwards and slamming arms into the ground and shoot your toes to the ceiling, the most important part for me was the slamming of the arms into the floor

It's all about the speed and the timing. If you roll too slowly, you have to press you weight. The easiest way is to sit straight down on your heels as quickly as you can. you will start to roll backwards. Stay tucked until you hit a tucked candle stick position. Shoot your feet to the ceiling while opening your shoulders to handstand.

Have you tried it down a slope such as a wedge or mat over a beatboard, makes it easier to learn. As others have said it helps to have speed and push your feet toward the ceiling. (I must admit I still can't get to handstand on the flat yet, but I can do it great down a wedge).

Thank you SO much EVERYONE <3 I found it a lot easier at the gym instead on my grass outside. I'm not holding the handstand for very long but it passes. Thanks!!! =D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back