WAG Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mamabear

Proud Parent
This wasn't relevant to my other question so I asked a new one. :)
What is the deduction in a level 2 beam routine for accidentally doing the level 3 dismount? She definitely hit vertical LOL but "got stuck" in that side handstand and couldnt come down like she should for the level 2 dismount, so she did the 1/4 turn (not prettily, either - legs bent and separated trying to save it ha ha) and ended up doing the level 3 dismount. Is that a full 0.5 fall?

There are a lot of deductions that a judge could apply to the dismount. Judges see different things and apply deductions as they personally see fit. With a lot going on in that dismount, it is hard to pinpoint where the deductions were taken. However, there is no one deduction for doing what you say is a Level 3 dismount as opposed to the required L2 dismount. It is either she did the L2 dismount or not. Additionally, it sounds from your description, she did not do an L3 but tried to save an L2 dismount. Below are potential deductions.

The value for the cartwheel to side handstand dismount is .6. Without seeing the dismount, she could get partial credit or could not get credit at all.

The deduction for not hitting vertical on the dismount is up to .3.

Lack of continuity on the dismount up to .1. I would apply this discount.

Deduction for simultaneous (incorrect) hand placement on the cartwheel to handstand dismount in the level 2 beam routine .1

Deduction for failure to maintain hand contanct on the beam upon landing the cartwheel to handstand dismount 1.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back