Parents Brag Alert *double back*

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

Sparky

:D Finally!! Today dd did her double back (into the pit of course) - she has been dreading it/wanting to get it over with ever since she had a not good experience with it a year or so ago......and so today, with the same coach as last time.......SHE DID IT! I am so proud of her for facing her fear - if there is one thing that gymnastics teaches them that makes it all worthwhile - it is the concept of try, try and try again - and if that doesn't work, try another 5000 times :)

Thanks for letting me brag!

How Wonderful !!!! What an amazing skill to do, and to do it overcoming her fear at the same time. Sounds like an ice cream sundae night to me :p

*****WAY TO GO *A*!!!!!!!!*****

That's awesome! I know how proud she must feel, and how extremely proud you are of her. Last fall when Bean broke her toe on her RO-BT dismount on beam, it took months before she wanted to try it again. Her coach took it out of her routine (had her do a CW-BT) and didn't re-introduce it until spring. The smile she had when she came home and told me she was throwing it again was beautiful!!! Well worth the wait for the even bigger accomplishment of working through it!

Wow that's such great progress on a big fear skill. I t took mine a year to get back to her cartwheel on beam after a bad fall. Now we are dealing with a BT dismount off beam after a head bonk. Always something in gym. Tell her that we think she is amazing to get the skill and overcome a fear, sign of a strong gymnast.

Yay! Congrats on a job well done!
How Wonderful !!!! What an amazing skill to do, and to do it overcoming her fear at the same time. Sounds like an ice cream sundae night to me :p

Yum! So glad to hear it's not taboo to celebrate with ice cream! LOL! We always stop for a vanilla cone on the way home from practice after a difficult skill has been mastered.

THat is wonderful! congratulations! How cool for her to work through it and clear her mind to actually do it. Just super!

I am scared just thinking about that skill:eek: let alone having my daughter try it. I think my DD is still a year away from trying that skill thankfully..:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back