WAG Broken nose & fractured cheekbone

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
Vent.
After becoming proficient at tsuk drills, my coach asked me to "chuck" one on the foam vault on to two 8" inchers by myself (we don't have access to a pit).

Surprisingly I did and even landed on my feet... but I pulled my knees really hard and my now very bruised right knee broke my nose and fractured my cheekbone!

Send good healing vibes my way please since I'm set to compete at Eastern Canadians soon.

Vent.
After becoming proficient at tsuk drills, my coach asked me to "chuck" one on the foam vault on to two 8" inchers by myself (we don't have access to a pit).

Surprisingly I did and even landed on my feet... but I pulled my knees really hard and my now very bruised right knee broke my nose and fractured my cheekbone!

Send good healing vibes my way please since I'm set to compete at Eastern Canadians soon.

Was your coach spotting you?

Nope! It was my first time turning over a real one also, prior I've only done drills.

Really it was a freak accident since the tsuk itself was good (lucky for me), just my knee connected with my face!

Silly, silly, silly... good you landed it and didn't over or under rotate and get hurt a more common way...gymnasts seem to avoid this, don't they? It's always "I twisted my ankle walking" or "I got hurt in the pit" or in your case...... :)

Vent.

for those here that don't know the expression "chucked".

CHUCKED= STOOOOOOOOOOOOPID=COACH

I think when first learning tucked tsuks gymnasts should wear a hockey cage. A solution to the conundrum! :D:rolleyes:

you're very lucky you didn't knee yourself in the eye(s) and fracture 1 or both orbits. and you mean stupid coaches should provide goalie masks for their athletes when they have no idea what they are doing...or the outcomes therein.

for those here that don't know the expression "chucked".

CHUCKED= STOOOOOOOOOOOOPID=COACH
I must agree that it was definitely one of the worst calls my coach has made, and I'm very lucky I landed on my feet easily and "only" broke my nose/fractured my cheekbone. Could have potentially been a lot worse!

Silly, silly, silly... good you landed it and didn't over or under rotate and get hurt a more common way...gymnasts seem to avoid this, don't they? It's always "I twisted my ankle walking" or "I got hurt in the pit" or in your case...... :)
I agree, sorry your hurt but it's a story to tell. Random persona asks, "How did you hurt your face?" You answer, "I kicked myself doing a Tsuk." Random person, ?!?!?!?******

I agree, sorry your hurt but it's a story to tell. Random persona asks, "How did you hurt your face?" You answer, "I kicked myself doing a Tsuk." Random person, ?!?!?!?******
It is KINDA funny to tell. "What happened to your face?" "Well I was doing like a roundoff over the vault and a backflip off before my feet touch the floor, and my knee smashed ny face" "No really what actually happened?"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back