Parents Cast to Handstand!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

I just had to share.....Olivia got her cast to handstand at practice Monday night. :eek: Bars was the last rotation of the night so her arms were bent, she was tired, but she did it! Got her feet all the way up and she held it!! She doesn't need this skill for level 6 but I think this will help her get her casts higher for the level 6 routine.

Thanks for letting me brag! :D

Wonderful new skill, it's a tough one too. Can't imagine getting that at the end of a training session. As you say it will really help get her casts way up there and will be awesome when she is learning giants.

Wow!! What a huge skill! Congrats to Olivia. Being able to do them at the end of practice must have been tough. I am sure it will help her casts look awesome this season. They really want those casts high in L6. :)

Yeah for Olivia! That is wonderful! That takes some serious strength and fortitude and to do it after hours of gym is really awesome!

Way to Go Olivia!!! That takes so much power! Good for her achieving it now, lots of time to perfect it, and it will definitely help with her cast angles in level 6. (Which, as you know, is rumoured to be strict on casts)

She's making terrific progress! I hope she's proud!

What a HUGE skill! She must be so excited! Such a thrill to see them get new skills, especially those really BIG ones!! Congrats to her!

She doesn't need this skill for level 6 but I think this will help her get her casts higher for the level 6 routine.
There is no doubt this will give her a headstart and help your daughter in L7 and beyond. This is important for a gymnast to have if she is ready for it. You have every right to be proud.:applause:

A quality skill like a good cast to a handstand is not required but it can help her to be noticed by judges at a meet. Believe it or not, this could give her an edge during a fall or whenever personal "bonuses" are needed.

Just a quick story (with a brag)... When my now L7 competed at L6, judges (and coaches from other teams) had watched her all season long because of her cast (to just short of vertical) and clearhip handstand connection. At states, after a few perfect warmups at the bars (which the judges watched), she went all out for a perfect handstand but overshot a tad and fell off the LB. (you have no idea how bummed I was) After the fall, she kipped back on but didn't have enough to throw the clearhip HS. She finished the routine looking just ordinary. Albeit the mistake and tough scoring, she ended up with a 9.3+ and was placed just outside of top 5 in the state (not quite first but we'll take it). She yielded that score only because the judges knew that she was the only one having that ability and gave her some credit for the attempt. Otherwise, a huge fall like that in a state level competition would have dropped her out of contention for sure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back