WAG Casts on Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

My youngest dd was doing bars during her last gym lesson and she had to do some casts (I think that is what they are called), dd is having trouble with them, she has been told not to lift her bottom while doing the cast but to lift her back instead. Dd says she tried to do the correction but couldn't - she felt a bit fraustrated with herself, I told her not to worry too much and that she would soon get it. Dd had to hold a front support shape on the floor so the coach knew dd understood, which she did but couldn't translate that to the bar.

Dd did her first pullover on the "A Bars" at gym , she stood on a low spotting table to reach the bars, I didn't see it all but dd told me she did it (I saw the bit where she was shifting herself up to front support - after a few attempts).

Advice: Stop watching. Leave, go shopping, get a cup of coffee, go home, make dinner. If it's not possible to leave get a good book, pay bills, clip coupons, play games on your iphone, write your memoirs, make a to do list, do a crossword puzzle, etc. Just stop watching!

Advice: Stop watching. Leave, go shopping, get a cup of coffee, go home, make dinner. If it's not possible to leave get a good book, pay bills, clip coupons, play games on your iphone, write your memoirs, make a to do list, do a crossword puzzle, etc. Just stop watching!

I didn't watch lol, just caught a tiny bit (like I said above), I was just going by what dd told me she had done during her lesson.

casts take a loooooooooooonnng time, it should be a cast to handstand and that takes a few years from first attempts to getting it properly

Thanks...

I have told dd not to worry, but she is too hard on herself, I have reminded her of all the things she has learnt since starting in her new group 3 months ago and told her to keep trying and listen to her coach and she will get it in the end.

She needs to drive her heels. Think superman rocks.

Doing a leg swing is a similar action.

Have her lie draped over something. A table, couch, bed and lift her heels. Superman/Reverse leg lifts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back