Parents Coach review of meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ODD's Coach talks to them after the events at the meet. Also goes over highlights right after awards.

Usually a very quick "what did we learn today" before awards, but nothing major. Generally not a lot of rehashing after the fact, more emphasis is given to goals for the next meet (which can certainly tie into past meets) or even next season. We place more importance on training vs results in meets though. Good scores and placements are bonuses, for sure, but not everything. :)
With the younger girls we do try to explain why they may have gotten certain scores (especially if they forget and miss elements!) but the focus is still on learning and looking forward and not harping on the results at all.

At the gym where I coach we usually discuss some highlights and proud moments on the Monday after the meet. When the group comes to my event, floor, I usually point out a few things that I liked, let them know if something great happened(ie personal bests, team win, proud moments) and then discuss what things we will work on for the next competition.

I wouldn't call it a review, obviously if someone isn't hitting something, then we return to the gym and up the numbers on that skill set.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back