Dance and poses for beam and floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

hey guys, I have a competition coming up. At this competition we compete 4 skills on each apparatus except vault. It's really good because we can compete skills in higher levels (our best skills). I'm having trouble finding unique Poses for beam and floor and Dance sequences for beam and floor. Does anyone know of any good poses or dance sequences? Thanks :D

hey guys, I have a competition coming up. At this competition we compete 4 skills on each apparatus except vault. It's really good because we can compete skills in higher levels (our best skills). I'm having trouble finding unique Poses for beam and floor and Dance sequences for beam and floor. Does anyone know of any good poses or dance sequences? Thanks :D
Could someone please reply? thanks

Have a look on YouTube, there are heaps of routines there, and copy the ones you like the look of.

Sometimes people even copy poses from cheerleaders, like a scorpion.You could do that if you're flexible enough. I competed this thing where I went to releve on one foot and "kicked" my head with the other on beam. It looked really nice, showed off flexibilty and it's unique! Just play with some poses :)

The thing is i can't have anything like a scorpian or a kick scale or a kick scorpian thing because it would actually be counted as a skill in my routine :/ but thanks :D

Just play around with different things. Start by moving your arms in different positions-- crown, on your hips, in front of you, until you find something you like. Then, do the same with your lower body. Decide if you want to be standing, sitting, point one leg out in front, or to the side. Put it together with the arm placement you decided on... and you're done! You can also choose your head placement, after you decide on the main pose. Good luck, there are endless possibilities! :)

Do you have music for floor that you could post on youtube? I'm a dancer so I could help you with that but I need to know what the music is like :] And also if you could make a list of exactly what types of things you can't have since you mentioned a couple above.

Hey, I don't have music yet and im not even sure if we have music because last year we didnt have music which makes it even harder to find dance moves. Im a dancer too and i dont know why this is pretty hard for me lol and um.... like arabesques, scales, y stretch, scropians, any type of kicks, anything with leaps, anything with jumps etc. It really just has to be movements of my hands or feet if you get what i mean? :D

Just play around with different things. Start by moving your arms in different positions-- crown, on your hips, in front of you, until you find something you like.

That sounds really easy, but I'm hopeless at it. I have to actually see someone doing something I like and then copy it. I can't seem to make up anything myself.

That sounds really easy, but I'm hopeless at it. I have to actually see someone doing something I like and then copy it. I can't seem to make up anything myself.

Haha! You can't think about it too much, just move your arms around, and stop, even at random positions. (In front of a mirror works best). When you see something you like, remember it! There's no "wrong" way to make a pose.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back