WAG Discussion of abuse in USAG - Nassar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ahh, yes, guilty as charged for not reading the article. haha I always hate it on Facebook when it's so obvious the person is only responding to the headline and hasn't read the article. In my defense, Aly and Ali are two different people. :)

It's interesting that you post this because my daughter just texted me about it ....

Point 1: we're not sad at all about the ranch closing . My daughter's text was "wow, mum, if I had ever had an injury , I don't want to imagine what he would have done, and what I would have agreed to do because that's how it worked down there. Do you ever think about it that way, mum?"

Point 2. To which I replied " you betcha, I am shaking in my boots thinking of the bullet we dodged by you not continuing with elite and the trips to the Ranch" . I thank my lucky stars every day that my girls were not part of the daily growing numbers coming out of the Ranch, Michigan and parts beyond.

totally with you. Unfortunately some parents are not.

Sorry. I knew was the misspelling confusion. :D It just made me chuckle and I couldn’t help giving you a hard time for accidentally calling for Aly to step down.

I almost never read the articles for the record ;)

Ahh, yes, guilty as charged for not reading the article. haha I always hate it on Facebook when it's so obvious the person is only responding to the headline and hasn't read the article. In my defense, Aly and Ali are two different people. :)

And stupid me for not quickly proof reading. After all the doc Ali stuff I had been reading her spelling just stuck in my head. Really sorry about the confusion and typo.

And stupid me for not quickly proof reading. After all the doc Ali stuff I had been reading her spelling just stuck in my head. Really sorry about the confusion and typo.
No biggie. I was in a hurry, headed out the door - never a good time to post! haha Sorry to derail this topic. It has been bugging me that I haven't heard calls for Doc Ali to resign. She should have been the person these girls could have talked to about this, even when they didn't realize it was not a legit medical procedure - it was upsetting them, it was causing physical pain, these girls whole lives revolved around gymnastics - yet they were wanting to avoid medical treatments. Wouldn't this be something they would discuss with the psychologist?

AT&T have suspended sponsorship of USAG. DO they have any sponsors left at this point?

I really liked their statement. I feel like it recognized where USAG failed and also recognized the next generation that is now in limbo:

"We notified USA Gymnastics today that we are suspending our sponsorship of the organization until it is re-built and we know that the athletes are in a safe environment. The terrible abuse suffered by these young women is unconscionable. We remain committed to helping these young athletes pursue their dreams and hope to find other ways to do so. We stand ready to step back in when USAG has fully addressed these tragic events.”

I really liked their statement. I feel like it recognized where USAG failed and also recognized the next generation that is now in limbo:

"We notified USA Gymnastics today that we are suspending our sponsorship of the organization until it is re-built and we know that the athletes are in a safe environment. The terrible abuse suffered by these young women is unconscionable. We remain committed to helping these young athletes pursue their dreams and hope to find other ways to do so. We stand ready to step back in when USAG has fully addressed these tragic events.”

Definitely. Not that they do not support the athletes, just not USAG and their handling of things.

Does anyone know if Dominique Moceanu is in the courtroom? She just posted a picture of a city of Lansing Michigan emblem that looked like it could be the outside of a building. I wonder if she is there or just showing support of those who are testifying today.

USAG could take a hint from the Meridian Township police department. Brienne Randall reported Nassar to them in 2004. He convinced them that she had misunderstood the medical procedure. They flew her in from Seattle to deliver her statement, and the police chief and town supervisor were in court to hear her deliver it. That's how you atone, and that's how you start a meaningful reconciliation process. Peace to her, and peace to them.

USAG could take a hint from the Meridian Township police department. Brienne Randall reported Nassar to them in 2004. He convinced them that she had misunderstood the medical procedure. They flew her in from Seattle to deliver her statement, and the police chief and town supervisor were in court to hear her deliver it. That's how you atone, and that's how you start a meaningful reconciliation process. Peace to her, and peace to them.

That poor girl has suffered for 14 years. I am very glad she got to say her piece, but lord what a nightmare.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back