Do rips scar?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gympocalypse

Gymnast
I rip pretty often, and though the actual rips heal in decent time, there’s always a faint splotch left behind. :p As a result of this, both my hands are covered in little splotches. I've always wondered, do rips leave permanent scars?

Nope, at least not for me. After no longer doing gymnastics for two years, I no longer have any marks on my hands.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Maybe because I don't notice because I've ripped too much? Haha. It's interesting though, how you can get scars on other parts of you, but not so easily on your palms.

That is interesting! Apparently both the palms of hands and soles of feet are the areas of your body with the thickest/most layers of skin, so that's why they both don't scar easily and have similar texture. Thanks for bringing that up, I never thought of it that way!

Likely because of when humans were still living in the wild, we were walking around in bare feet on much rougher terrain, and we hunted with spears and hands, so our bodies adjusted to that and made our hands and feet scar less easily. Also we're gymnasts, so our feet are used to our pounding of the tumbling, and our hands are used to the bar, so it could be that, too.

Mine kinda do...
Well I have callouses and they seem to never go when I've been off gym...
My sister kinda does too...
She has callouses that don't go and she stopped like 3 years ago....

Some of mine do. I've got some rips that just don't go away or leave marks. There is stuff you can put on them. But Ido t because it doesn't really bother me if I have marks. I don't think you can know why is really a scar until you totally stop training because otherwise you're constantly rubbing away the same areas...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back