Parents Finally over Fear of CASTING :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NOG

:D:DWell, it finally happened. DD is over her fear of casting! WOOHOO! Tonight at practice she got up and kip/cast/hs/over and did it repeatedly :) She said it was so much fun that she wanted to get up and do it again. Best thing is, she did it with great form and very minimal bending in arms. I would have said that they weren't bent at all, but she corrected me and said that she bent them slightly (so honest, lol).

In other rotations, she had a very lovely floor routine (coach was very impressed with how much more polished she looked), think she took the corrections from the last meet to heart (thank you flippersmom - think you're critique really brought home what her coaches were trying to get through to her -- and since they didn't have the benefit of watching the video, I can't thank you enough - besides, sometimes it takes a judge to really bring home the point - THANK YOU!).

Vault - she did Urchenko's onto the resi (not vault table) all by herself - no spotting. She was thrilled with that.

Beam - nothing special, just a solid practice!

VERY good night at the gym!!!

NOW - if she can translate all the good vibes and great casting into a competition!?! Here's hoping!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad it helped. I really have learned a lot from becoming a judge and now have a better idea of where the scores come from. Athough I will say sometimes I am still stumped!

Now, if you could just send that casting fairy over, that would be nice!

Glad your daughter is casting away. I'm sure she'll do great her next meet!

Glad it helped. I really have learned a lot from becoming a judge and now have a better idea of where the scores come from. Athough I will say sometimes I am still stumped!

Now, if you could just send that casting fairy over, that would be nice!

Glad your daughter is casting away. I'm sure she'll do great her next meet!

lol, I'll send over casting fairies if you promise to send them back next weekend for the meet.

Wow! That is great. My dd (also l7) is just starting to cast to handstand on the high bar. She was afraid too. Let's hope they keep progressing!

She doesn't have a meet for a couple of weeks, so if you want to hold on to them and send them over for her meet, Superbowl Sunday, that would be great!

Good luck next weekend to your dd!

Yay, that's great news! It must be scary to cast to hs on the high bar. Hoping she can translate it all into a fantastic bar routine at her next meet.

Meg

Next meet is Tomorrow am. Please send bar, cast, squat on and giant fairies our way.... OK overall bar fairies!

Wow! That is great. My dd (also l7) is just starting to cast to handstand on the high bar. She was afraid too. Let's hope they keep progressing!

Thank you gymmom14, Kelsey is actually competing level 6 this season, but it's going very well so far. I too hope they keep progressing. Hope your dd is having a great level 7 season!!

Yay, that's great news! It must be scary to cast to hs on the high bar. Hoping she can translate it all into a fantastic bar routine at her next meet.

Meg

Thanks Meg, it was the low bar that she went over on though. Her casts on high bar have actually been better than they were on low bar (not sure why..maybe momentum) and she comes close to hs on high bar now, but not quite there. She has for some reason always had a fear of losing control on her casts and we've struggled with getting her to go higher (even though she had enough strenghth to, she wouldn't). So it was a major thing for her to cast over on low bar even. And, she thought it was great fun and did it again and again. So the fear of losing control seems to be over. I just hope that she will remember that at the next meet, lol

Thanks for sending the fairies. The cast fairy made her way to the meet, but the squat on and giant fairies must have got lost along the way! Oh well, maybe next meet.

Yay!! Conquering a fear is a huge confidence builder. Shows them that they CAN overcome things with hardwork and persistence. :) Hope she brings her casts to the next meet!! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back