From old to new score code? Level 8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am just wondering what the DV for normal Level 8's routines are?

If somebody can please help me

Vault : Tsuk tuck or pike, I know I can find that value
Floor:?
Beam:?
Bars:?

Just wondering in case my DD goes to compete in a place where they have the International Scoring now...

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by international scoring? Are you referring to the FIG code which is used at our nationals, elite meets, Worlds/Olympics? The SV for the vaults you mentioned is 9.8 for the tuck and 10 for the pike.

Yes the FIG Code with a DV and an EV. The DV for the Tsuk vault is 4.0(tuck) and 4.2(pike).
Considering she has on bars a clear to hand, a pirouette, casts to hand, giants, flyaway in bars, etc. I know the clear to hand is a C element and the rest are A's or B's
Beam: she has her switch leap, which I think is a C dance element on beam, and the rests are A's and B's (series bhs-bhs), roundoff lay for dismount, full turn, etc
Floor: she has a half connected to a front tuck, second pass is a front handspring front Layout (trying to connect that to a front tuck),third pass is a layout (working on a full), switch leap, 1 1/2 turn (working on a double turn).

I just want to have an idea where the DV would be, it does not have to be exact.

Bars
Kip (A)
Cast to handstand (B) straddled (A)
1/2 Pirouette (B)
Clear hip (C)
Long kip (A)
Giant (B)
Flyaway (A)

Beam
Switch leap (C)
BHS, BHS (B + no value as repeated)
Round off (B)
layout dismount (A)
Full turn (A)

Floor
Layout? half (B) front tuck (A)
Front handspring (A) front layout (B) - Doing another front tuck would be a repeated element and receive no bonus
layout (A) full (B)
Switch leap (B)
1.5 turn (A) - this is counted as a full, Double (B)

A= 0.1
B= 0.2
C=0.3

It would depend on the rule variation for the country you are going to. Some double DV for non elite gymnasts. Generally you are expected to have a balance between Acro and dance (Beam/Floor) So if you had eight C acro you would still have to count some A dance elements and not some C's. Elite count their eight most difficult skills, they may count less based on rule modification. The Compositional requirements (generally .5 each) will probably be modified from the FIG CR's. I would guess that you need another dance element on Beam and Floor, I would also put one of the B tumble rows last.

There is also connection value for example the BHS, BHS on beam might get .1 or .2 in CV. The main difference would be finding out what the CR's will be as they are worth 2.5 and for beginning gymnasts are the bulk of the D-score

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back