WAG Gymnast build question - just curious

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What build is your child more similar to?

• Total voters
Actually - if you look at a level 10 meet - the shorter/muscular type DO excel at floor...and beam actually by then - with rare exception - but oh, those bars!!! UGh for DD with lovely form but the swing is just harder (at least through Level 7 so far) for her to get the rhythm with her sturdy, 4 foot 8 inch body (grew from 4-5 this last 6 months, which may be the problem...)

In our state at least there aren't a ton of girls over 5 foot doing double backs and such on floor - but the smaller stocky upper level optionals are phenomenal tumblers...could be different in larger states...

Actually - if you look at a level 10 meet - the shorter/muscular type DO excel at floor...and beam actually by then - with rare exception - but oh, those bars!!! UGh for DD with lovely form but the swing is just harder (at least through Level 7 so far) for her to get the rhythm with her sturdy, 4 foot 8 inch body (grew from 4-5 this last 6 months, which may be the problem...)

In our state at least there aren't a ton of girls over 5 foot doing double backs and such on floor - but the smaller stocky upper level optionals are phenomenal tumblers...could be different in larger states...

That's what I was thinking. Llomenicia Hall (sp?) at LSU is 4'11" and has the most massively muscular legs I've ever seen. Her tumbling is wow! She competes on beam too and does very well. I don't believe she competes bars or vault. The 5'9" gymnast does beautifully on bars and vault, but she isn't competing floor or beam. I wondered if their build/body type have anything to do with those events being their strengths.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back