Gymnastics summer camp?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

<3GymGirl<3

Gymnast
Are you going to camp, why or why not?
Where do you Plan on going and what week?
Have you had any camp experiences you want to share?
Whats your favorite thing about camp?

I heard about Flip Fest and I really wanted to go, so I was looking up different things about it on the Internet, when I found Lake Owen. And since it's closer I will probally go there (week 9 to be exact)
I have never been to a gymnastics camp before, and I'm just starting gymnastics but I already know I'll love both. :) please tell me about your camp experiences

look under your name...are you from Wisiconsin? or Wisconsin?? :)

Are you going to camp, why or why not? Yes I am! I went to Woodward last year and LOVED it!! Had to save up the money this year but finally paid it all last week!!

Where do you Plan on going and what week? I'm going to FlipFest this year. Week 6, possibly 7 and 8 as well. Wait to hear back about my Junior Counselor Application

Have you had any camp experiences you want to share? I went to Woodward last year, it was SOOO much fun!! I also learned a lot and met lots of new people!

Whats your favorite thing about camp? The Gymnastics!

DD is going to HPTC (High performance Training Camp) in Coeur d' Alene ID on July 22nd. This will be her 3rd year there. Her coach goes there to be one of the coaches (that's why DD goes there). It's not one of those fancy camps like Woodward, it's more of a family type atmosphere.

Her favorite part of the camp is the handstand contest or front handspring contest, which you do off a spring board onto an ever growing pile of mats. If you win, you get to throw a pie into the face of a coach of your choice.

You can google any of these camps and find out more information.
There are the big camps like, International Gymnastics Camp, Woodward and Flipfest.
As well as smaller camps such as HPTC.
As well as camps at different colleges, or just gyms around town.

You're welcome to go the whole summer, but you'd have to pay for every week which is pretty expensive.
Most are in 4-7 day segments and you pick as many as you want...or some just do it 1 week out of the summer.

Has anyone been to Karolyi camp? My dd is 8 years old, level 5, and will be attending the second week with her coach and a few other girls from the state. I've had a tough time getting answers to my questions from the camp, so I'm hoping that someone who has attended would be willing to answer things like which cell phones might work and what to pack.
Thanks,
Mo's Mom

Yes I went Canada last year for summer camp. It was great to spend time with strangers of other countries. I have learned many things like mountain biking, swimming etc. I haven't planned yet for this year summer camp. My favorite thing about camp is biking.

I went to FlipFest for the past 2 years, and I went to the University of Missouri camp last year as well. FlipFest was great my first year, but last year it just wasn't as fun (which could be because they put me in a cabin full of cheerleaders). But overall it was just a great experience and I met a bunch of new people. It was also a really cool atmosphere. At Mizzou camp it's basically gymnastics the whole time, which I love :) So this year I'm going to Mizzou camp for 2 weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back