WAG Having states on Sunday, May 16, 2015

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

Sarahthegymnast

So I'm having an Xcel gold state competition in a week, and it's my first as a gold ;?. I've been getting pretty nervous, so has anyone got any tips?

My bar routine is:

Kip
Backhip
cast
cast to squat on
long hang kip
Cast swing
flyaway

For bars, I pretty much always win between 4th and 1st, unless i'm injured. Anyone have tips?

Also, if i fail on my squat on, should I kip out of it?

For beam, I have:

Full turn
scale
handstand
cartwheel
jump series: Tuck, split
Dismount: handstand quarter turn (I usually do a front tuck, but for states we go with safe and solid)

For vault I do a front handspring

For floor, i do:

Full turn
ROBHSBHS
Switchsplit 180 to straddle
front tuck
Full turn tuck

Any tips??

So I'm having an Xcel gold state competition in a week, and it's my first as a gold ;?. I've been getting pretty nervous, so has anyone got any tips?

Hope it goes well, is your meet Saturday 16th May or Sunday 17th May?, the only reason I asked is that my daughter has a meet on Sunday 17th May and I booked a hotel for Saturday 16th May, I had to double check that I had the right date after reading the date on your thrad.

Hope it goes well, is your meet Saturday 16th May or Sunday 17th May?, the only reason I asked is that my daughter has a meet on Sunday 17th May and I booked a hotel for Saturday 16th May, I had to double check that I had the right date after reading the date on your thrad.
Yep, It's saturday. But it's the Massachutes states

If you fall on your squat on but CAN kip out of it... do it. If not, don't even try. If your squat on is giving you trouble in warm ups, it might be worth it to take it out - do a "non-standard climb" and then jump to the high bar from there (the climb most girls do when they fall on the squat on). You only lose 0.1 for the non-standard skill (plus a small rhythm deduction if it takes too long), but it is better than a fall!

Other than that, my tip is to have fun!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back