Help! Name for a move on bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, I always see this move on bars but never knew what it was called. It is when the gymnast is on the low bar, casts usually to handstand, puts one foot on the bar, then the other foot. Then, she swings backwards like a sole circle, and it looks like she is going to do a toe shoot, but instead of letting go, she goes back to handstand on the low bar. Everytime is saw this move, it was followed by a toe shoot. Anybody know??

sorry, i can't wrap my mind around your description. try again and i'll give it a try.:)

Yes! Thats exactly it! Thanks so much guys! Usually when I've seen it, its been done one foot at a time, but I like the 2 feet at once thing.

Last edited:
Yes! Thats exactly it! Thanks so much guys! Usually when I've seen it, its been done one foot at a time, but I like the 2 feet at once thing.

It is supposed to be performed with 2 feet together, but a lot of gymnasts will do it with one foot at a time when they learn it and some never correct it - I can't remember whether there is a deduction, although I should think there is. I know in Great Britain there definately used to be!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back