help with my back tuck?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i know there are several threads about back tucks, but i don't know if any relate to my problem. anyway i recently just starting having this problem after i did it once. when i go for my ro bhs bt i set and i think my back tucks are pretty high, but now i always land with my chest down. my coach tells me to set, but i do and i still am landing with my chest/head down. sometimes i almost over rotate and i end up like running backwards after landing. any ideas how to stop this from happening? thanks! :)

I don't know without a video but if you say you are setting and you are maybe you aren't opening out so sometimes you stop rotating but don't open out properly so you land with your chest down. Other times you continue to rotate for a bit so over rotate a bit and run backwards try opening out earlier maybe i'm not a coach but that seems logical to me

A video would make it easier to help. Anything else would just be speculation. There are too many different things that might be involved to be able to give you an accurate answer.

it sounds like you are not opening soon enough, like you are still in the tuck position when you are almost at the point of landing, if that makes sense. And yes a video would help...good luck :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back