Help with my RO-BHS-BT (video)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
for future reference round off flic sault is RO-BHS-BT

Ok I have had my round off flic sault for about a year now and its nice and high and rotates nicely etc but I am having trouble not chucking my head back.

Also, I have a lot of trouble sticking it and I am not sure why, we have managed to put a straight jump in so that I don't lose landing deductions but even that doesn't look so pretty, so any tips on how to stick it would be wonderful

Here is the video, any tips would be much appreciated

[video=youtube;DgKFgBAYKrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgKFgBAYKrs[/video]

Try snapping your round off quicker and closer to your hands. Your feet should land just a few inches behind your hands. In your back handspring get your arms closer to you ears and push taller through your shoulders. For spotting try to find an object/person to look for as you go back, hold your "stretch set" (that's what dd calls it, basically where you stand up really tall and your head is spotting something) as long as you possibly can and then pull into the tuck. The landing looks like you need to bend your legs more?? Not so sure on this :)

Hi, your round off flic looks good to me, the over-rotation in the back tuck is caused by you whipping your head and shoulders back.

Either you are not setting (blocking) for long enough, or more likely you're not tight enough in your upper chest and back when you set. You really need to squeeze that set tight (think dish muscles) then spot the wall before you rotate. You'll probably under rotate to start with so maybe get a spotter at first.

Good luck, looks like you're doing great, lots of power and some good shapes.

If you have access to a trampoline, do a lot of back tuck kick outs keeping your head in. Get used to where you are in the air and the timing of the kick out. Do standing tucks off of a high surface and practice sticking the landing. It looks like you're punching out of some of the ones on the video.

not sure which 1 is you, but they're all throwing their heads back. fix that.:)

sorry it was a bit busy but it was the only video i could find, I am the bigger one haha just so everyone needs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back