Highly amusing moments this season - from a judges perspective

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Coach.Simon

Coach
Judge
The compulsory season is, for the most part, over. And with it, I have a few entertaining stories to share with the CB community from a judge’s perspective.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story 1:

A six year old is in the middle of her L5 bar routine.

After her Long Hand kip ontp the highbar, instead of casting she stops her routine. She leans forward over the highbar to balance, and then picks her leotard.

My partner judge muttered, “Wow, really?â€￾ while I exclaimed, “Whatâ€￾ before we subsequently started laughing

The girl’s coach was staring at her in shock (and probably dismay)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story 2:

This group of girls came up to us and we talked to them, and as they saluted they said
"Have fun judging us!"

Our timer started laughing, and my partner judge was like, "in all my years of judging, I have never heard that before..."

Then twenty minutes, after the next group saluted THEY SAID IT TOO

I tried to not laugh, but I failed to hold it in. They looked awfully pleased with themselves.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story 3:

A group of very little 4's come up to our table, they were most likely 5 year olds.
The other judge is talking to the girls, telling them about how she wants to see their very best routines and to have fun etc. etc...

As you might know, when you judge they often will leave food on the table for us to eat. This meet in particular, they had given us a small bowl full of skittles.

There is this VERY little one in particular standing in the middle of their line.
She is clearly not listening to my partner - I know this because she reaches into the bowl and takes a handful of the skittles.

I bite my lower lip trying not to burst out laughing as my partner’s voice falters and she proceeds to stare at the kid who is now nonchalantly eating the skittles she took.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judging isn't as dry and humorless as you might think!

funny but I thought you had to be 7 to compete level 5 and 6 to compete level 4. Kids are cute.

First competition for the girls I coach in the CR2 category (in Quebec, Canada). They have to do a handspring on mats, similar to the level 4 vault in the us. The mats have to be 1,25m high. So one of my gymnast did her vault, got down and saluted the judges. The problem? She did not salute between the judges table and the mats. She got down on the wrong side of the mats so when she saluted, all the judges could see were the top of her head and her hands. Needless to say, part of the crowd who was just beside, the judges and me found the situation pretty funny.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back