WAG L10 nationals, region 8 question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
I know it's over, but can someone tell me the requirements for a Region 8 L10 to make it to nationals?
Was it a minimum score, or percentage, type of requirement?

Thanks in advance!

I think it is the top 7 gymnasts in each age group that advance to nationals.

Every region is the same for level 10 JO Nationals qualifying - through 2014 was top 7 in each of 8 age groups(Junior ABCD, Senior ABCD) and then 8th and 9th place in each to NIT. Gymnast must also have minimum 34 AA. Beginning next year, NIT has been eliminated and 4 more age groups added to JO's (Junior E & F, Senior E & F). If a region doesn't have enough qualifying athletes in a division to fill all spots, those spots go to athletes from other regions, based on regions who placed highest in the regional team competition in the respective age groups at last years JO Nationals.

One more question for anyone who has the answer...
This is strictly out of curiosity, because I was checking out mymeetscores to see if a girl that I watched at a local meet had made it to regionals, and she did. And then I saw that she went to National. But she was 13th in her age group at regionals. So I looked at more, just click on names in the age groups, and it seems that some groups had 12-13 girls go to National.
So I figured out that if the top 7 of 8 age groups go (56 girls) for each region (8 regions) there should have been 478 girls at National, but there were 659 girls there.

What am I missing?

The total girls includes the girls at NIT, so would be top 9 per age group plus any ties for the last spots. It's likely that her Region got extra spots for their age group(because other regions didn't have enough girls) plus there could have been an injury or two.

Plus Regional champions on events get to go to NIT to compete those events, so that would account for an additional 15 or so gymnasts.

And there's the gyms who "decline" to take their gymnasts to the NIT, so that opens up spots for lower finishing gymnasts to move up and compete..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back