WAG L7 beam series and connection

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
I'm looking for specific information on the series for L7 beam and the connection especially for a BWO-BWO series.......we seem to be running into some major deductions and loosing the connection value because they are not doing it right.
Mine does if fast....no hesitation, but still won't get the connection because of her feet. I guess she has two feet on the beam too long in between each BWO???? Even though her shoulders have constant movement from one into the other.........Can someone help clarify?
The BWO-BHS will take care of the problem but she's not ready to compete this yet.....

Reactions: sce
Not exactly sure, I know if they see your feet move at all they will take the connection. My dd has lost her leap/jump connection twice now due to a very slight shift of one foot between the elements.

The code said a series is considered broken if any of the following happens...
  1. stop between elements
  2. loss of balance between elements
  3. repositioning of a support leg (I think this is where my dd is losing it)
  4. Extra steps or hops/jumps between elements
  5. landing in plie then straightens and plies again to initiate the jump of second skill
I also just found a couple of high scoring level 7 routines with this series as maybe that will help. Good luck!

Beam starts at 3:40 in next one...

I'm looking for specific information on the series for L7 beam and the connection especially for a BWO-BWO series.......we seem to be running into some major deductions and loosing the connection value because they are not doing it right.
Mine does if fast....no hesitation, but still won't get the connection because of her feet. I guess she has two feet on the beam too long in between each BWO???? Even though her shoulders have constant movement from one into the other.........Can someone help clarify?
The BWO-BHS will take care of the problem but she's not ready to compete this yet.....
IF she even moves her pinky toe in between the BWOs, it will break the connection.
Other ways to break the connection… tapping between (lifting the foot of the non-support leg ever so slightly, then putting it back down before going over) the BWOs.
raising the free leg above 45º then it falling at all before continuing.

You aren't supposed to have too feet on at the same time during the connection. Has she tried a tick tok bach handspring?
She is doing this but does not want to put it on the high beam yet.....!!!!!.....
So in the meantime she has to make sure the feet pivot from one to the other without both feet sitting on the beam for too long........Im hoping she finds this harder than the T/T- BHS!!!!

My DD does a handstand-BHS series. The hard part here is the handstand has to be held for 3 seconds I believe. So far, she has gotten credit for it.

Perhaps your DD could have success with it.

She could be getting a deduction for moving/adjusting her feet in between the connection. I am also a level 7 gymnast and this has happened to me plenty of times.

We have gone only to 2 meets, both huge meets with national judges......Both meets have downgraded the routine to a SV of 9.5 due to the connection.....the second meet she fell, but everyone else suffered from the connection issue.
My DD does not move those feet....she lands on one, places the other and finishes......the issue is that the judges dont want any hold time with both feet on the beam for too long.

THIS is the issue, how long is too long??? As Raendrops says, you need to place both feet on there for a short time, but how long is too long???
Thefellowsmom, did you DD get the connection on the first beam?(she looks alot like my DD including the bars!) She looks great!!

once the second foot lands the first bwo, the arms should be going back and the first foot should raise for the 2nd bwo.
it used to help me to think about pulling my shoulders tall as i landed my first bwo into my 2nd

We have gone only to 2 meets, both huge meets with national judges......Both meets have downgraded the routine to a SV of 9.5 due to the connection.....the second meet she fell, but everyone else suffered from the connection issue.
My DD does not move those feet....she lands on one, places the other and finishes......the issue is that the judges dont want any hold time with both feet on the beam for too long.

THIS is the issue, how long is too long??? As Raendrops says, you need to place both feet on there for a short time, but how long is too long???
Thefellowsmom, did you DD get the connection on the first beam?(she looks alot like my DD including the bars!) She looks great!!
She has to keep it moving, even if it is slow, it has to keep moving between skills.

The bwo bwo connection is imho so much harder than the bwo bhs
....my kid could not do it for the life of her....was so frustrated...and then she went mental and fell on the 2nd one...then went so mental she was falling on the first one! I hope your dd gets the credit, and yes,the big thing was her body had to be moving almost simultaneously as the second foot came down the first bwo....grr...we watched a very good girl on her team not get credit for it..grr

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back