MAG Late Night Eating

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
I still haven't quite got my head around "crackers" being a biscuit- unless you really do make s'mores with Jacob's cream crackers, which would be weird.

And don't get me started on biscuits with gravy.

Ok, so our biscuits are more like a soft scone, but not as sweet (think dinner roll, so with gravy it makes more sense yeah?) And we have many different types of crackers....I googled Jacobs cream, and we definitely don't use those for smores lol that would be gross. We use graham crackers, which are much sweeter and really more like a cookie (so are animal crackers...that's a big debate around here haha)

Ok, so our biscuits are more like a soft scone, but not as sweet (think dinner roll, so with gravy it makes more sense yeah?) And we have many different types of crackers....I googled Jacobs cream, and we definitely don't use those for smores lol that would be gross. We use graham crackers, which are much sweeter and really more like a cookie (so are animal crackers...that's a big debate around here haha)
I'm about to sit for breakfast and will have sausage gravy with my biscuits.

Reactions: sce
I still haven't quite got my head around "crackers" being a biscuit- unless you really do make s'mores with Jacob's cream crackers, which would be weird.

And don't get me started on biscuits with gravy.

The graham crackers that people make s'mores with are like a much less sweet digestive biscuit. Harder and far less attractive. The kind of thing you can keep in the house and never eat. In our house we make s'mores with dark chocolate digestives, this skips the nasty cracker and the Hershey's chocolate.

Biscuits with gravy are basically scones. I really do not get that. Plus the gravy is WHITE!!!!!

The graham crackers that people make s'mores with are like a much less sweet digestive biscuit. Harder and far less attractive. The kind of thing you can keep in the house and never eat. In our house we make s'mores with dark chocolate digestives, this skips the nasty cracker and the Hershey's chocolate.

Biscuits with gravy are basically scones. I really do not get that. Plus the gravy is WHITE!!!!!
I'm not a big fan of biscuits and gravy, I think it's more of a thing in the southern states (I grew up in California with a very health concious mom, not complaining)....I didn't even try it until I was in college...it's a little too much fat for me, specially early in the morning.

Also, compared to European chocolate, Hershey's is gross, tonme it almost tastes like they bake plastic into the mixture :eek:

White gravy? What kind of sorcery is that?

It's not custard is it?o_O And scones? Everyone knows they go with jam and clotted cream. Not sausages.

@notthatmom - since the Evil Kraft took over Cadbury's now tastes awful. Not quite as bad as Hershey's, but getting there. They've ruined my beloved mini-eggs :(.

It's not custard is it?o_O And scones? Everyone knows they go with jam and clotted cream. Not sausages.

@notthatmom - since the Evil Kraft took over Cadbury's now tastes awful. Not quite as bad as Hershey's, but getting there. They've ruined my beloved mini-eggs :(.

Lol! I remember when I went to London, inside the tube stations they had Cadbury egg dispenser machines (this was long before you could get them here in the states)....I remember being in awe and thinking "I don't think it gets much more British than this :)"

But yeah, we have the Cadbury eggs here now, and not just at Easter....and they definitely don't make them with the "good" chocolate anymore. Something needs to be done, should we write a letter to the Queen?

I remember when my grandad came to live with us. He was born in 1900 and was very "old" in his ways. He wouldn't eat the white sauce that my mum made to go with chicken and rice, so she would add a little gravy browning to his meal. Over the course of the years she put less and less in until he ate it like the rest of us.

Agree that American "Biscuits" are more sconey, but not as nice. And have no idea why anyone would put sauce on them. Interestingly, talking food, I recently found that Michigan has something very similar to a Cornish Pasty. Apparently many cornishmen went over to work in the motor trade at the turn of the century and took it with them.

Biscuits are definitely like savory scones. Many are quite blah, but some are truly amazing and decadent and worth eating.

Blah ones get sausage gravy, and they're sometimes ok. The truly delicious buttermilk ones -like homemade ones or old fashioned small town diner ones- those ones get a pat of butter and maybe a dab of honey or jam. Mmmmmm.

White gravy is similar to a bechamel sauce (flour, fat, milk) with seasonings (black pepper a must, but no nutmeg like in a traditional bechamel) and sometimes sausage... like chunks of breakfast sausage. Heavy, but can be tasty if done right.

And I think pasties are popular regionally throughout the upper Midwest. :) My dad makes them from scratch. Yum.

rounding it back to late night eating ( see how I did that ;)) Pink quite likes a pasty on the way home too, excellent on the go food

upload_2016-9-17_22-46-25.jpeg

Some I made earlier

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, la la la not listening, there is no such thing as a cheese and onion pasty. lol

My kids go to bed around 9. I admit I eat dinner or at least a snack after they go to bed every night. It's not what the experts recommend but it works for my schedule. Now if only I could limit it to steamed veggies.

I must say-We Americans do all the food, all the time. I love that about us. We may put our own spin upon it, but that's what it is... You can find all the world's cuisine here. There are so many restaurants here it's obscene!! Pastys besides the point...lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back