WAG Level 6 floor and beam question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
I have tried to search, but it's not working well for me, and I'm trying to figure this out "today".

Can someone tell me if a layout is required for L6 floor, or would the ROBHSBT fulfill requirement?

Also - is a CWBT dismount on mean necessary, or would a front tuck dismount fulfill that requirement?

DD believes the the layout and the BT dismount are required. Which leads me to believe HC is looking for that. I don't want to ask too many question as summer hours have just started, so I'm asking here. I am "guessing" that I am right that the BT on floor and FT on beam are the requirements, but that maybe HC is trying for a little more.

Can someone tell me for sure?

Thank you!

I'm not positive what the requirements are, I'm going off of what I saw of level 6 routines last season, and I saw girls do layouts and tucks on floor and on beam there were cartwheels connected, bhs's, bwo's, handstands, ft and cw bt dismounts. I'm pretty sure she's fine with ROBHSBT on floor and her FT dismount off beam but I'm sure the experts will chime in soon! :)

I have tried to search, but it's not working well for me, and I'm trying to figure this out "today".

Can someone tell me if a layout is required for L6 floor, or would the ROBHSBT fulfill requirement?

Also - is a CWBT dismount on mean necessary, or would a front tuck dismount fulfill that requirement?

DD believes the the layout and the BT dismount are required. Which leads me to believe HC is looking for that. I don't want to ask too many question as summer hours have just started, so I'm asking here. I am "guessing" that I am right that the BT on floor and FT on beam are the requirements, but that maybe HC is trying for a little more.

Can someone tell me for sure?

Thank you!

A layout is not required in L6 at all. A CWBT dismount is also not required. DD is working a FT dismount for 6/7. You can choose either, as far as I know.

Yep. Sounds like your gym is upping the ante. It's a good thing, makes for an easy transition to L7. I saw a discussion on here recently regarding the front tuck dm on beam. The general consensus was that it doesn't offer as many progressions as the CWBT. Kipper's gym competes CWBT at L6 and ROBT at L7...then mostly ROBTw/ FT at L8. Same with BT vs LO, those LO will be really pretty by L7. Does your gym also want a front tumbling combo, or just the punch front?

Thank you all!! It helps to know what the true requirements are but also what others are doing.

Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back