Level 7 Meet Report #2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow. That was DEFINITELY the most confusing meet I've ever competed in... I would have to say that my whole concept of gymnastics reality is now shattered for me. Here's my scores:

Vault: 8.725 (Complete screw up. Much worse than my warm ups. 9.35 last meet)

Bars: 8.9 (11th)(I'm very confused. My legs were far apart and the highest level 6 bar score I ever got was an 8.3. My last level 7 bar score was an 8.1)

Beam: 8.2 (I took a 9.5 SV w/ no flight skill, and I had to compete a split 1/4 for the first time in a completely different routine. 8.825 last meet)

Floor: 8.825 (Legs still apart in my back tumbling. Stuck front layout! 8.8 last meet)

AA: 34.650 (Quite a bit worse then my last meet D:, but I got to miss school! 35.075 last meet)

-Lauren

Hey don't worry, I'm sure that your skills will come eventually. Just don't let scores get into your head! Keep training hard and working hard and at competitions don't stress out. Keep calm. Good luck with future competitions! =]

Great job! That is an awesome bar score, and try to focus on the positive aspects of everything that happened. It sounds like you didn't do as well as you had hoped, but to me, those scores are all really good!

I guess that I was just really confused the whole time. On vault I dropped my arms in my block and arched.
On bars I had to wait 5-10 minutes just standing there! I was 3rd up on my team, and the first person got a 7.1 SV, and had a score of 4.5. The judges were looking in the book, and flipping around the pages for about 15 minutes! My poor teammate in front of me had to wait forever! And then after she went it happened again!!! She fell on her flyaway, and they gave her an 8.4 SV. I understand that that was her SV, but it didn't need to take them 10 minutes to figure it out! And then they took another 5 minutes judging to routine after it was done to come up with the score!!! She ended up getting a 6.400. I never could have been more discouraged. Two really low scores right before mine, having to wait forever, and not to mention that I was really close to barfing already. My thoughts were going back and forth from "I'm going to fall," to "I'm going to throw up," to "What's taking them so long?" and back to, "I'm going to throw up,". My coach actually almost let me leave to go to the bathroom and throw up! But finally I got to go, and I didn't fall at all! For once I pointed my toes on my flyaway, but I took a step. I've never gotten a bar score that high! Bars is really my worst event, but I guess that I can't say that anymore...

-Lauren

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back