level 8 beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

my dd did a good beam routine a the last meet however she didn't score well and no one seems to know why. she has a switch split leap, full turn, flip flop back walkover, catleap, back tuck dismount, front walkover. i think i have listed all the a's and b's. she seems to be the only one that does not do a jump series, is this a requirement?? also does her dismount have to be with a combination? she is starting from a ten but we have watched the video over and over and can't come up with the amount of deductions she is getting. :confused:she does want me to post the video and have one of your judges look at it to help us. but i am not sure just how to do that. if someone could help with any of my questions it would be appreciated. we have a meet this weekend, and i believe only one more before our state meet.:confused:

You do only have 7 skills listed, but 8 are required in level 8 (4 Bs and 4As). Im guessing that since you said she starts from a 10 start value, you just must have forgot a skill.
A jump series is not a .5 special requirement, but it is a .2 compositional deduction that judges would be taken and would NOT be reflected in the start value.
The dismount does NOT have to be in combination.
Without seeing a video (which I have no clue how to post either LOL) I can't help you much more. Sorry!

Are you sure she is starting from a 10? I only ask because you only list 3 Bs...

GymCoach is right, you have a .2 flat composition deduction for no dance series.

I am more than happy to look at routines, if you can figure out how to post, or PM me with it.

this may be sweating the small stuff for nothing. it's level 8. and don't get me started about judges...:)

My DD, who's a level 6, is quite consistent on beam, both in the good and the bad (she stays on the beam and she has an awesome scale and a great dismount, but a not-terrific split leap, a split jump that doesn't hit 180, and pretty consistently bent legs on the BWO). Two meets ago, she did a very good, clean routine and got an 8.2. Last meet, she did a slightly worse routine with a big wobble after the full turn and a less big wobble later on, and got a 9.0. What can you say except, "that's gymnastics!"?

Hope your daughter draws a different judge this weekend!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back