Parents Level 8 Season Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
DD is doing level 8 this year and things have gone fine.

The first meet was a little rough and then we had 3 in a row in January I do not reccomend this it is tough on the gymnasts and the parents.

This weekend was the last of the 3 in a row and for the first time in 2 years we an 8:00a.m. I know we have been spolied. DD thought that was fine but when we got to the meet it turns out doing a meet at 8:00a.m. at 14 is way different than being 12. I guess you just are not that awake sunday am at 8am.

The 3 meets went fine in January she has had a huge struggle on bars for years and this year it seems to be getting progressivly better. She missed a giant in this meet but has not done that in 1 year since she got them.

She is working bars hard and it does show she has her straddle back solid, and her giant is also solid. She is working on her clear hip to above 45 degrees and getting a solid cast out of it.

DD still is working her tsuk vault and hoping to compete it in 3 weeks at the next meet.

beam is great and floor just needs some polish.

Overall her season is not score wise what she wanted but she is happy with it. That is all I ever ask for anyways. I am trying to be calm and supportive and not coach her since I am her mom and not her coach. LOL As sopme of you know this is hard for me.

Thanks for the support you all offer. I am hooping she gets her state score at the next meet!! We do not compete untill Valentines day so that should be good.

Glad she is having a good season so far. 3 meets in a row is no fun. Abby has 3 meets in a row this season and I think it is just too much. I don't think they have any time to work on things (2 of our meets are on Fridays, so only 2 days practice between meets) to get better or just rest from all the excitement/adrenalin. At the optional level it has to be even harder.

Her hard work is showing and that is all we can ask for as parents. Hope she is happy with her progress and realizes how amazing it is to just DO all the stuff they do at L8! :D

I was amazed at the low scores this weekend. First place in the level 7s we saw didn't even score high enough to qualify for State!
Glad she's concentrating on skills, rather than scores--that's the important thing anyway. Good luck to her in 3 weeks! Our gym has 3 weeks off too--the break will be nice.

Scores seem to be low overall this year. Not sure what will happen if not very many girls qualify for state?? 1 of our girls qualified for state sunday but barley and she was 1st AA.

DD has not yet qualified for level 8 state but I am hoping she will at the next meet. It is supppose to be an easier meet over the past years. We will see nothing seems easy score wise this year!

Thanks for the support how is Beth doing??

Just going to update--she got her boot off today, so that's good.

Agreed, 3 meets in a row is way too much. I learned that lesson last year. Glad to hear her level 8 season is moving along. I have 2 level 8's and what a roller coaster of a season. Much different than other levels. No state qualifying for us yet either, but we weren't really planning on going across state this year anyway.

I wish your daughter continued success and improvement!

I agree also.. we are in the mist of 3 in a row... seems a bit much! Good luck this season! I look forward to hearing how she does! :)

This is the first year when we have 2 weekends off in a row.. I just don' t know what to do with myself!

I have seen gym monkey in action. I am confident she will qualify. She has great beam, and I think she is getting close to nailing her Tsuk.

We WILL see you at State!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back