Level 9 State Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
Is in 2 days, and my gymnast is home throwing up!!!! I need prayers that she will be all better AND feeling strong before Sat. I knew this would happen. Level 8 state was this past weekend, and half the team had fevers, etc on Monday. At least they got sick AFTER their meet. I was like, "Stay away from level 9!!!!"

So much hard work and practice to have to miss because of being sick! I realize that everything is a gamble--you never know what is going to happen.

:(

Aww poor baby. I hope she gets to feeling better by saturday and has her strength built back up. Please do keep us posted on how she is doing.

Oh no! Wishing you the speediest recovery! DD and her coach ( and me too) just went through that- it only lasted about 8 hours and we all recovered the next day with some sleep and some rehydration.

Oh no! So sorry to hear it! I hope she recovers and regains her strength. It is so unfair when these stomach bugs strike at the exact wrong time!

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. The good news is that stomach virus type things usually clear up pretty fast. I hope that is the case with your DD. Let us know.

Oh no. Try to get as much fluids in her as you can and let her rest as much as she can. Little sips as often as she can so she can stay hydrated. Hopefully it is just a 24 hour bug and she will be better by Saturday. Even if she misses practice, she has it all in her, her muscle memory will kick in. Rest and keeping up her strength is what she needs now. Hugs.

Poor thing, hopefully she bounces back fast. Keep her well rested and hydrated and when she stops throwing up keep her on simple carbs. I am sure she will be fine, but sending the "Get week quick Fairy" down from Quebec.

Best of luck at States!

((HUGS)) that virus is going around her in NJ like CrAzY! Most are 24-48 hrs. Make sure you keep her hydrated and rested. Hope she makes a quick recovery. I agree, not fair to work all year round for this silly cootie bug to take you out of a state meet! Good luck! Sending the *cyber* Lysol!

So sorry to hear this, hoping she will be good as new by Saturday and wishing her all the best at her state meet. As far as keeping things down, try having her drink cool jello water...when my children were little the doc gave me this medical advice for them and it actually worked (must be the jello solidifies when it hits the stomach), don't know, but it works and the sugar may help give her some strength...

Aw, poor kid! Hopefully, she'll bounce back quick. There's a level 7 at our gym who was throwing up at our gym 3 days before a meet and managed to compete and qualify for state. :) Wishing your girl quick healing thoughts!

Oh, no :( I'm so sorry! I too agree about all the hard work, it just isn't fair! Besides the rest and hydration, I swear by probiotics. You can get them at any vitamin shops. My son's DR. Suggested them when he got the stomach flu last year, and he was feeling better within hours. They help with adding more good bacteria into your digestive system; just what you need when you've got a stomach bug. Gatorade and rice (white) too. I hope she feels well soon, and good luck! Keep us posted.

Oh no!!! that is horrible. rest and rehydrate. I hope she is feeling better before her meet and gets her enerygy back.((HUGS))

That really stinks! Hoping she is feeling much better in the next few days. Like Granny Smith said, just focus on getting that 34 for regionals, she'll have a chance to be a superstar once she gets there! Sending lots of get well wishes her way.

Aw! thanks everyone. This morning I asked her how she felt and she said, "Hungry." I pumped my fist and said, "Yessss!" I think she's going to be okay, I just hope she isn't too weak. I've got the Gatorade, the crackers, the yogurt, the chicken soup (homemade), and getting her outside in the beautiful sunshine. I was actually wondering if you could petition for Regionals if you are sick!! I hope she will do as great as she has been, but if not, that's ok too. It will only sting for a little while. :)

I think an illness keeping a girl out of states or limiting what she would be able to compete is treated like an injury petition. Sounds like rest and a light diet today is the best thing to do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back