Lunging out of Tumbling Passes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gym4life915

Ok so I was reading the new code and the one thing that got me the most angry was lunging out of tumbling passes. Basically, you can't take a controlled lunge out of your tumbling passes. If the gymnast takes a step or a hop on their tumbling passes, they will get deducted from .1 to .3. Sticking higher level skills like double backs or triple fulls is really hard and it causes injuries like we saw from Mattie, when she sprained both ankles trying to stick one of her passes. This really upsets me!!!:mad:

What do you guys think about it?

Clarification for others: this only applies to gymnasts competing under FIG rules, not for those of us in USAG. Can't speak for other countries.

I hate it, but I've also hated just about every change that Grandi has made since implementing the new code. However, I believe gymnasts are allowed to dance out of passes without a landing deduction, so I expect to see some "dancing steps" out of passes now. (Or, on the other hand, there will be a lot of ugly attempts at sticking that will disrupt the flow of the routine even more than the current trend of setting up, saluting, and showing a stick for every jump). I also expect a lot of ankle impingement issues-- you can only try to stick landings for so long before your body can't take it any longer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back