Coaches Memory Games for Toddlers and pullover drills??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

micdda

Coach
Lately I've been teaching "off-sites." Our gym sends coaches to community centers around the area to teach classes and we generally bring our own equipment. My classes are parent-tot, preschool, kindergarten, and youth. I really want the little ones to learn their tuck, pike, straddle, lunge stands, and donkey kicks really really well. Usually for the older kids, once they know them pretty well I can "trick them" to test them or have them do them with their eyes closed. But for 2-3 yr olds, both are confusing. I was hoping someone could suggest some VERY simple game ideas to help them learn their shapes. Something fun and catchy, but EASY. :)

Side question... I have only one bar at these sites. Very few kids have pullovers so that is all we can really work on and I can't do any bar conditioning b/c I want the main bar to be an actual skill. Does anyone have an idea of a side station to condition them for pullovers and/or fun and interesting pullover drills to do on the actual bar?

THANKYOU!!! :)

I don't know gymnastics specific drills but I do have a good warm up. Look on you tube for the video "count to 100 by 1's". Its a great overall exercise video for 3 - 5 year olds ones and they love it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back