Parents Nervous mom! Emma's first meet as a level 6

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all,

Just getting ready to head out for Emma's first meet as a level 6. I am not usually this nervous, but it has been a stressful start to the season for Emma. Today's meet is a small venue and a neat Halloween theme. However, between her severs syndrome, fear of her flyaway, and just getting her robhs bt back..... I am a wreck! She is golden and that makes me happy. As long as coach can stand by her on the bars she should be able to do her flyaway. Heels are feeling better, thanks to everyone for all the geat advice!

Any advice for mom to not pass out from worry and stress?:eek: She'll be competing at 5:10 this evening. Not a great time for a girlie who is usually in bed asleep by 8 p.m. Not looking for lots of bling, age group is an awful 7 - 11 years, just want solid routines to build confidence.

Thanks for listening to me ramble!
Shari and Emma

Sending you the CHillin'fairy, hope she can take the edge off.

A long day before the meet, rent some movies, curl up on the sofa together and immerse yourselves in some kid fantasy. Eat some good food and try to keep the talk away from gym, unless she needs to talk about it of course.

I am sure she'll do great, that is a big age range and I am personally hoping for some cuteness bonuses.

Good luck for the meet, let us know how it goes.

So funny you and your DD are "Shari & Emma" and me and my DD are Sharon & Jemma!

Wishing you tons of good luck! We are dealing w/Severs too. I actually have an appointment w/Ortho next week. If she hadn't broken her heel in same spot it wouldn't be a concern, but not knowing when it could be a another FX or the Severs makes me stressed out. It is really hurting DD's vaulting, as a L5 she is only getting 7's as opposed to the 9's she got over past 2 yrs as a L4.

She'll be so excited for her first L6 meet I am sure she will pull those skills out of the bag for this special occasion. But I agree once you get the first one over, some of the stress will be lifted!

We go tomorrow for our 2nd L5 meet. It's in PA and we have never competetd there so not sure about judging, just setting small goals like getting 8's on everything.

Sending you the CHillin'fairy, hope she can take the edge off.

A long day before the meet, rent some movies, curl up on the sofa together and immerse yourselves in some kid fantasy. Eat some good food and try to keep the talk away from gym, unless she needs to talk about it of course.

I am sure she'll do great, that is a big age range and I am personally hoping for some cuteness bonuses.

Good luck for the meet, let us know how it goes.

thanks Bog! I hope that chllin'fariy flys fast! We are relaxing and Emma is totally not focused on gym. I am about to get the train moving because we have about a 2 hour drive. In the tub she'll go.

Thanks for all the good luck wishes!

Shari

So funny you and your DD are "Shari & Emma" and me and my DD are Sharon & Jemma!

Wishing you tons of good luck! We are dealing w/Severs too. I actually have an appointment w/Ortho next week. If she hadn't broken her heel in same spot it wouldn't be a concern, but not knowing when it could be a another FX or the Severs makes me stressed out. It is really hurting DD's vaulting, as a L5 she is only getting 7's as opposed to the 9's she got over past 2 yrs as a L4.

She'll be so excited for her first L6 meet I am sure she will pull those skills out of the bag for this special occasion. But I agree once you get the first one over, some of the stress will be lifted!

We go tomorrow for our 2nd L5 meet. It's in PA and we have never competetd there so not sure about judging, just setting small goals like getting 8's on everything.

Thanks Blackie 6! That is funny about our names!!!:) Severs stinks! But that strectching REALLY works! She does it without fail every day and ices and does them after practices. I hope all goes well with your doc appointment!

Good luck to your dd tomorrow! If it is ok with Bog, I pass along the chillin'fairy when I am done with her! We too have small goals. She just wants to compete all her new skills. She has plenty of time to polish.

Thanks again for the good luck wishes!

I'm sorry I didn't get here in time to post before you left. You're probably sitting right now, waiting for your adorable girl to march in!

Emma's going to be awesome today!! The things that cause adversity (severs, fears) are the same ones that build her strength! I know she'll go out there and make you proud:D

Can't wait for the report!!

Good luck to Emma (and Jemma!) on your meets!! I can't wait to hear the meet report.

We just got home from watching our Level 4's this afternoon (Blackie, we were at GBA) and Little Monkey is competing tomorrow at 8am.

Good luck to Emma (and Jemma!) on your meets!! I can't wait to hear the meet report.

We just got home from watching our Level 4's this afternoon (Blackie, we were at GBA) and Little Monkey is competing tomorrow at 8am.

If I knew you were there I would have stopped in after practice! Good Luck tomorrow to you too! Thankfully we don't have to to be there until 12:30

Can't wait to hear how it went! I am often a nervous wreck, too. I think I get more nervous before my children's meets and recitals than I did before my own concerts as a child! lol!

Hope the meet went well yesterday and you and Emma were able to relax! Can't wait to read how it went.

Thanks all! I posted meet results in another thread! Thanks for all your good luck wishes and advice! Stress was still with me....but Emma did a great job!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back