WAG New injury - the end of gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sending good thoughs her way. Tough situation to be in.

All this talk about cadavers is seriously creeping me out (she says even though she's registered as an organ donor). I have a couple of weird connotations regarding that word. Urgh.

But have you told your next of kin ??? Here at least they still need to get permission from your next of kin even if you sign up. I like the Aussie system where you have to actually opt out.
Here, it's indicated on our drivers licenses....next of kin doesn't necessarily need to give consent, signing up for it on your ID takes care of it.

I hope so too! I can't believe all the injuries she has had. She must have a very good attitude on life, which is a credit to you also. Sending good vibes your way...

I have a cadaver ACL. It seems to be working but the word cadaver makes me think of an episode of CSI or something. [emoji6]
Cadaver acl is often better than acl repair. My sister's "replacement" acl is actually woven from (at least) 2 different ones. Before that, she had hers repaired once. Less than 2 years later, it SHREDDED in her sleep. No problems with the new one :)

Thank you for the positive thoughts. I'm in the waiting room right now as she gets MRIs of both her knee and leg. We got the follow-up appt moved to Monday, so we'll know what we are up against then. She is still in lots of pain and still very swollen with pain in her knee and lots of bruising down her shin. Still, she's headed back to school in a rental wheelchair.

Thank you for the positive thoughts. I'm in the waiting room right now as she gets MRIs of both her knee and leg. We got the follow-up appt moved to Monday, so we'll know what we are up against then. She is still in lots of pain and still very swollen with pain in her knee and lots of bruising down her shin. Still, she's headed back to school in a rental wheelchair.
Good luck!! I feel for both of you...gymnastics is one thing, but just being healthy and pain-free is the first step!

Best wishes for a "best possible" outcome when you see the doc. We thought Kipper had torn her ACL back in March. It turned out to be a tibial plateau fracture. She has recovered and is back to training 100%. Often it's the worrying and speculation that are worse than the actual diagnosis and recovery.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back