Parents practice meet results...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The teams practice meet was tonight....I'm so disappointed to report that my gymmie didn't even get to participate due to injury!:( Sometime during the last 30 minutes of practice on Monday, she stiff legged the landing on her punch front and hyper-extended her knee. She is walking and bearing weight, but she is not able to extend her knee all the way. She got to be a score flasher instead..she was thrilled with that. Poor thing..she just couldn't stand not getting to do a routine. She finally asked if she could just do a dance through on her floor routine. They let her and it was great comic relief to watch her hop and hobble for the majority of the routine. She's been a great sport..I just hope it doesn't keep her down for long. She's not a very patient kind of kid..but knows she needs to do what it takes to get it well. Feel free to send lots of healing vibes our way!;)

Sending her lots of healing fairies. Glad she got to help out in some way and be involved. Hope she keeps her spirits high and heals fast.

Sending healing fairies! I know how disappointed she must be. How nice that they let her do a dance through and very cool that she wanted to help out at the meet. Hope she is 100% again very soon.

Feeling her/your pain

My daughter, during the last 10 min of practice Wed, stabbed her foot into the beam on a bhs when her hands slipped. Her foot is swollen and bruised, and she can't bear weight or anything. We had x-rays yesterday, which were inconclusive for a fracture, but she says it hurts worse than when she fractured it in June. So we don't know exactly what's wrong or when it will be better.
This has been a frustrating summer. She took 2 weeks off in June when our gym was closed rather than attend camp so that she could let her body rest and heal (level 9/10 training is tough). 2 days later, she broke her metatarsal at the owner's house playing tennis baseball barefoot! 4 weeks out. Then at the dr visit to release her foot, we had him check her arm pain. Stress fracture and 4 more weeks out. Now she's been back training since Sept., and then this. At least 2 weeks out. She was supposed to go to an optional practice meet with judges in a month, so probably can't. This has been the most frustrating year!!!
So, I hope your daughter can bounce back quickly and stay healthy. I totally feel for you both. :confused:

Thanks everyone for the fairies. I really hope we feel them this weekend. Gagymmom..I really hope we don't ever have to experience injuries stacked up like that...that would be really tough! Worst case scenario..she'll miss her first meet. It could be much worse!

My daughter, during the last 10 min of practice Wed, stabbed her foot into the beam on a bhs when her hands slipped. Her foot is swollen and bruised, and she can't bear weight or anything. We had x-rays yesterday, which were inconclusive for a fracture, but she says it hurts worse than when she fractured it in June. So we don't know exactly what's wrong or when it will be better.
This has been a frustrating summer. She took 2 weeks off in June when our gym was closed rather than attend camp so that she could let her body rest and heal (level 9/10 training is tough). 2 days later, she broke her metatarsal at the owner's house playing tennis baseball barefoot! 4 weeks out. Then at the dr visit to release her foot, we had him check her arm pain. Stress fracture and 4 more weeks out. Now she's been back training since Sept., and then this. At least 2 weeks out. She was supposed to go to an optional practice meet with judges in a month, so probably can't. This has been the most frustrating year!!!
So, I hope your daughter can bounce back quickly and stay healthy. I totally feel for you both. :confused:

Ouch! That sounds horrible. Sending healing fairies to both of you. My DD has a practice meet this weekend, her first meet in over a year. Due to her injuries, she won't be able to compete all around, and at her practice meet in 2009. she didn't compete at all because of injuries. So, I know your pain.

MamaofEnS

Sending healing fairies to all of you dealing with injuries. It's so hard for them when they are down and not able to do what they love.:(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back