should i get grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i am training with the prep op intemediate team but not competing this season and i am competing next year but should i get grips? everyone on my team has grips. i almost have my kip, my squat on, my long hang pullover, tap swings, and i might start working on flyaways soon. should i get grips? i heard that the reisport kind is good... should i get that? also should i get dowel? also should i get cotton or neoprene wristbands? and how should i break them in if i get theM? also can you include any more information about grips? thanks!

Well, if everyone on your team has them then probably, i didn't get mine until level 7 but i was a little late lol. And yes, i love reisport... they're very popular. Get dowels, they're more expensive though but they help. I prefer cotton because neoprene makes grips slide and cotton's just more comfortable to me. Just swing around first to break them in, don't do skills right away! I basically shaped my by rubbing them on the bar, then did little swings, then did bigger swings. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back