WAG sifting through FLOOR MUSIC......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
Going crazy!
So far what my daughter has picked was not OK'ed. She picked music from the Squirrel Nut Zippers, some gypsy music, and some weird electro- swing stuff......I love what she picked.

Coach feels what she picked is too old for her and she wants something a bit 'younger' I guess.
Alice in wonderland is cute, but I know EVERYONE has that. Same type of music is Edward Scissorhands,

DD is a very small sized 10 YO...she can look 6 YO easily, BUT her taste is appropriate.
Any suggestions?? I need unusual, quirky stuff........Oh yeah, we were asked to stay away from FEM...

Have you ever thought of mixing two songs together? That way you could start with a younger song and maybe put a little rock in the middle of it. It would give her a way to have some older sounding music and a unique piece.
We used Jumptwist and they did a great mix for us, I love my daughters music so much I sometimes catch myself just listening to her mix!

How about music from the movie annie? If you go to floor music express and just search it it will come up, if I had found it when I was younger it's what I would have used, it's my favorite.

I have a tall (so looks older) 11 yo L6 and we had music cut for her. THe piano guys Vivaldi Winter and Let it go Medley. It has a hint of little and a hint of strong young woman;) So you don't have to use floor music express or pre-cut stuff. That way the music is yours and only yours. DD likes Moonlit/moonlight from the piano guys too. They even have titanium.

I have a tall (so looks older) 11 yo L6 and we had music cut for her. THe piano guys Vivaldi Winter and Let it go Medley. It has a hint of little and a hint of strong young woman;) So you don't have to use floor music express or pre-cut stuff. That way the music is yours and only yours. DD likes Moonlit/moonlight from the piano guys too. They even have titanium.

I love The Piano Guys, I could see their music becoming very popular for floor music.

I will take a look....
DD light Nightmare before Christmas......I love Soul Bossa Nova, (yes, that's Austin Powers) but that's hard to pull off for a youngster!

One of my kids that I coach used Augustus gloop from willy wonka and the chocolate factory. She would have been about 11 when she first got it and was quite petite. I loved the music and it was one my favourite routines, I was sad when she wanted to change! I think it is a bit quirky

I cut the music myself from this long piece

FME has some good cuts, some decent cuts, but no I generally don't want any synthesizer....coach won't allow it anyway, so I need to find the original version and then worry about cutting.......

THAT'S WHAT IT IS!! A synthesizer. I cannot stand it! Phew. Glad to put a name to that awfulness. I, too, am wading through music for DD and that screeching was killing me.

I also struggled with Floor Express. It is HC's music site of choice, but I couldn't handle the synthesizer. I eventually gave up on the music searching and gave the job to another coach because I was about to pull my hair out.
The only music I found on Floor Express that I really liked, and could work for a younger or older kid, was music from Matilda the musical. Maybe this one-

But I really like the Augustus Gloop one!

Am I the only one who's not that impressed with floor music express?
I agree with this. I am far from having an optional, so I don't know what I'd do to obtain her music. I do like floor express for getting ideas, not necessarily for their version of the song.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back