Parents Small Brag, But Big deal in our house!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
I have a small brag! Beetle has had a difficulty with BHS on beam over and over again. Even though she is cofidently doing a BHS - this has developed into a fear of flight over time.

Last year, she competed a BHS BWO in L8, she rarely got connection value for it. This summer she has been playing with all kinds of flights. BHS BHS, Gainer BHS BHS and BWO BHS. Something that will give her a more consistent connection value.

She has done them all on Low beam with no mats. If you remember from a previous post she was being stubborn about putting them on high beam with mats. Thought it was going 'backward'.

ANYWAY - over the past week she has taken her BWO BHS to high beam with mats. Last night - she pulled all mats away!!! and did 4 of them Alone! No Spot! Solid! Woo HOO... I think this is a MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH. she needed to connect the BHS out of something! I think this will give her confidence to do the BHS BHS soon!

Like I said, minor brag since most girls learn BWO BHS well before their second year of L8 but this is a big deal in our house!!

Last edited:
That is a massive breakthrough for Beetle, she must be feeling so happy with herself. Wonderful that she got there all by herself. Desire is essential.

That is awesome! Congrats to her-all the hard work paid off. BWO on beam are a big deal for us right now. My J will do it great on the low beam but as soon as she moves it up to higher beam she falls apart. I know she's frustrated, and she'll get it eventually-sure is hard to watch though!To add to the frustration, she just had the worst practice ever on bars last week-already had her flyaway before, but couldn't do ti to save her life last Thurs. Hoping we are not gong to have a mental block from that! Wish us luck.

Way to go Beetle!! That's amazing!

I know I've said it before, but it's worth saying again, the kids who work through these fears, end up far better equipped than the general population to overcome *any* obstacle. She's a fighter and I bet she'll have a awesome season!

Way to go Beetle! This sport sure is a mental game! Glad to hear she's had a breakthough!

That is great news!! It is a huge deal, overcoming fear is giant!! I noticed many at the L8 meet we saw not connecting them. Congrats to her!!!

Congratulations and that is so awesome:) She is going to be amazing this year on Beam:)

That is a huge skill. You don't need to ever apologize for bragging about a skill her on CB. We all get it.. Beetle is doing fantastic. It's a big deal in anybody's house...

Sean

Woo HOO is right! That IS a big deal! I imagine her confidence is way up now, and she sees yet again that perserverance pays. Yay!

Fantastic news for Beetle, this small step hopefully will lead to very big leaps in the future. Once she has that series down with confidence, the BHS-BHS will just be the next logical step for her. She is definitely on her way with her series!!!!

Thanks for sharing, no skill is never to small to brag about!!! :D

That is fantastic, what wonderful news !!!

Sounds like a big brag to me !!

That is fantastic!!!! Congrats!! Conquering any skill is always a big deal :)

Woohoo! Congrats to Beetle! It really is a big deal - an even bigger deal for a girl her age who has struggled with this skill. Crossing fingers that this leads to the bhs/bhs!!

Meg

Thanks everyone! I love this site for that, you understand how a little skill can be a big deal! LOL

And yes - today she starting working GainerBHS BHS again and pulled all mats away from the low beam and connected it. She wants to put it on high beam by the middle of Oct. Lets see!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back