Strap Bar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

teena82

Hey guys I usually just read post but felt the need to contribute after tonight's practice. I go to an adult class in Houston twice a week. We mainly do tumbling and conditioning and "play" on everything else. Long story short I got a screw in my foot taken out a week and a half ago and I was only cleared to go to gym tonight if I didn't run or jump. So I went with the intention of only doing bars and conditioning. They put me on the strap bar tonight for my first time. It was very fun and painful at the same time (they gave me the wrong size straps to begin with). While I have marks all over my wrists I can't wait until Wednesday to do it again and actually work on my kip this time instead of just swing. :D

--Teena--

Hey guys I usually just read post but felt the need to contribute after tonight's practice. I go to an adult class in Houston twice a week. We mainly do tumbling and conditioning and "play" on everything else. Long story short I got a screw in my foot taken out a week and a half ago and I was only cleared to go to gym tonight if I didn't run or jump. So I went with the intention of only doing bars and conditioning. They put me on the strap bar tonight for my first time. It was very fun and painful at the same time (they gave me the wrong size straps to begin with). While I have marks all over my wrists I can't wait until Wednesday to do it again and actually work on my kip this time instead of just swing. :D

--Teena--

Hi Teena,

Strap bar is super fun, and helpful for learning stuff on bars. When I use them I wear 2 wristbands, one on top of the other, on each wrist and it helps w/ the pressure.

I got a pair of double thick wrist bands in the basketball section that worked great. I couldn't even feel the straps.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back