The Full-In

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is 14 years old and a 1st year level ten. She has been working on learning a Full-in on the floor for the last 9 to 10 months. It was her eigth grade project, which included a report, training logs and a video presentation.

Anyway, she is now doing the full-in into the pit onto a couple of mats. She is either at ground level or one mat away from ground level. My question is how long does it take to learn a full in? I know everyone is different. I just wanted to get a general idea of the time scale involved.

My daughter's coach has told me she hopes to have my daughter do this skill for this coming season. I wonder how realistic this is. I've seen some of the drills. The height and twisting looks good and she is landing them maybe half of the time. Even if she was successfully throwing the skill, I understand it has to be done on the mat safely and incorporated into the whole routine. Just want to know how long it normally takes....

Can anyone clue me in?

Julio Garcia,
Jamy's dad

6 months to 1 year. start to finish. and no setbacks.:)

forgot something important...and as long as it's not their first time teaching a full in and they are already experienced with all the nuances of this skill. if not, a little longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back