two salto pass for Level 8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymmies

Coach
Proud Parent
My dd now has two choices for her two salto pass for floor for Level 8 - She has RO BHS BLO BT and she has FHS FLO FT. Which is "preferred" and which will score better or be more beneficial long term.

Her floor routine from last year had only two passes so if she uses the front pass, then she could possibly use the same floor routine (a back full for her second pass), switch leap and ro straddle jump for her other b's.

Your thoughts...

they will BOTH benefit her long term. the coach will make a decision which way she rebound tumbles best over time. :)

From a judging point of view, the front pass coupled with the back full as her other pass would give her two passes, both containing B tumbling. This would result in absolutely no chance a judge would take a composition deduction on her routine for acro not up to the level. Depending on the judge, if she did three passes with the back pass, and only one B skill she may incur an up to the level deduction...this is an ongoing debate (at least in my area) about these subjective composition deductions.

From a coaching point of view, I echo dunno's comments that both are beneficial passes in the long term.

There are a lot more possibilities than the 2 you listed. My guess would be that those are the 2 that her coach thinks she's best at.

I know it wasn't mentioned but one that is commonly done here is front sault step out round off flic back sault

If she is using the same routine that only had two passes, I'd use noth two-salto passes, if that's allowed in her level. I know you can in the Canadian system.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back