Up and down meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

Today was DD's last meet until the fall and it wasn't her best, but there were definitely still some highs.

She started on vault and had a very bad piked vault. She managed to do a better second vault, but it still wasn't her best vault. Scored 9.1 no place

Next was bars and I really was hoping she would hit bars. It's really her best event and she's just made mistakes the last 2 meets. She hit beautifully with just a step on her dismount. 9.5 and 1st place! I was so happy for her. That's her very first time to place 1st on anything.

Beam was looking so great that I couldn't believe it. Then she fell the wrong way on her dismount. She was trying to hold it and she did for like 2 seconds before going the wrong way. She scored 8.8 which I thought was really great considering the fall. She placed, but I don't know what place. 8th or 9th, really not sure. Then when I got her card I saw that it said 9.0 which was crossed out and then it said OT -.1 and then she got another .1 for something else. I'm guessing for not saluting at the end?

Floor looked pretty good. At that point I was just tired so I don't remember any details. She got a 9.3 and that was 6th place.

Overall she ended up in 6th AA out of 30ish girls. I think the 1st place on bars made up for the beam fall. She was just happy to get 4 medals. She's so young that she doesn't really care about placements or scores. She wasn't even upset about falling on her dismount. I'm glad she has such a great attitude and just loves getting out there. Now if only I could learn to be so relaxed:p.

over all sounds like she had a great meet. Way to go on that 1st on bars. And 6th AA out of 30ish is not too shabby. What a way to end the season. A big congrats to your DD

Thanks! I'm so proud of her and I'm excited for her real season to start. I'm glad she got to do these 3 meets so she'll seem like an old pro when her first real season starts.

Great job for your dd!! Wow--9.5 and 1st on bars is amazing!!! But I am confused--what is considered a "real season"??? I thought every season was "real". Am I missing something??

I wish my DD's "bad" vault was a 9.1! ;)
Congrats to your daughter... sounds like she had a great season!

Great job for your dd!! Wow--9.5 and 1st on bars is amazing!!! But I am confused--what is considered a "real season"??? I thought every season was "real". Am I missing something??

The compulsory season where we live is in the Fall and the optional season is in the Spring. So for district, south state, state etc it's all in the fall. I know some states have 2 seasons, but we don't. The optionals never compete in the fall because there aren't any meets for them here. The big invitationals in the spring will offer the lower levels so the girls might do a few fun meets, but it's not really our season. She will compete her first actual season of Level 4 next fall where she'll have the opportunity to compete and qualify to district, south state, etc.

I wish my DD's "bad" vault was a 9.1! ;)
Congrats to your daughter... sounds like she had a great season!

The 9.1 was definitely not for that bad vault. That would have been more like a 8.1.:eek: Her second vault was pretty good, just not her best. She just wasn't as tight as normal. She's been working on level 5 vault and she's trying really hard to block, but she's losing body position in the process. They practice on the level 4 vault mat, but try to block and land on their feet or the behinds. Hopefully she'll get it all together soon.

The compulsory season where we live is in the Fall and the optional season is in the Spring. So for district, south state, state etc it's all in the fall. I know some states have 2 seasons, but we don't. The optionals never compete in the fall because there aren't any meets for them here. The big invitationals in the spring will offer the lower levels so the girls might do a few fun meets, but it's not really our season. She will compete her first actual season of Level 4 next fall where she'll have the opportunity to compete and qualify to district, south state, etc.

Oh ok--that's a bit different from us. Thanks for clarifying!

Oh ok--that's a bit different from us. Thanks for clarifying!

Most of DD's team doesn't even compete at these spring meets, we had just 6 out of around 30 girls. Usually just girls that know they will be repeating the level or they are pretty much ready for the level they will be competing in the fall and want to get out there and have some experience so they can see how they are doing. For DD it was a great opportunity to have her first meet experience without worrying about qualifying to anything. I'm glad we did it and I have to say that she did way better than I ever expected.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News