Urgent! Please, any advice?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have two days to get my long hang pullover/baby giant. I jump to the bar from squat on and swing right into it. My biggest problem is pikig and bringing my toes to the bar like the kip and not my hips. I try not to pike but nothing works!

(I'm also pretty sure I'm strong enough..I can do pull ups and chin ups and leg lifts, etc, and my tap swings reach horizontal...

Please help! I have two days to get it!

Well i only just learnt it myself but someone gave some good advice (i can't remember who it was tho sadly)

so you

hollow...arch....pull....hips

i had the same problem because i wasn't pulling nor arching previously but now i can do it so you start of at the back of your swing and are hollow them move through arch and then pull and get your hips to the bar

sometimes you forget to pull and pull when you are under the bar

I struggled for ages but got it straight away when I tried this.
Don't think of pulling your hips to the bar, imagine your trying to pull you toes up towards the sky above the bar (almost as if you're going to do a giant) then come down to your hips while pulling your shoulders back.
Hope it helps.:)

A baby giant is just a big tap swing. Practice jumping to the high bar and doing a couple tap swings a few times before you work the baby giant. When you do the baby giant, just do a tap swing and a little before the top of your swing bring your hips up to the bar and pull with your shoulders. The harder you tap (arch, kick! when you're underneath the bar) the easier it will be. Hope this helps!

Ling,

Since I'm not a gymnast, my advice may or may not be helpful. However, when my dd had this skill in her routine, it always appeared more smoothly when she did a higher cast before swinging into the pullover.

I hope this helps at least a little.

I'm including a video of her doing the skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA18hNXf60w

MamaofEnS

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back