WAG Vault Scores - Level 6 & 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastJoy

Proud Parent
Just curious since we are heading into meet season.
Is level 6 & 7 vault scored the same as level 5 vault?

For example, if a gymnast is a level 5 and scores a 9.0 would that same vault get the same score if she were level 6 or 7? Are the deductions the same or greater in level 6 and then even more so in level 7?

Thanks!

DD and I were just wondering the same thing yesterday. Will be interested to hear the answers.

do not know the real answer but my dd had a better vault in 6 then she did in 5 and scored about the same, she is now a 7 and her vault is a whole lot better so hoping she scores well.

From what I've seen and done it seems like the same. Could be a little different depending on the judge, but by what's required it shouldn't matter.

I have no clue about lvele 7. The deductions points are the same for the level 5 and 6 vault. Technically, it should be the same for those 2 levels.

The deductions are the same, but there are some deductions that are subjective, such as "insufficient amplitude." From what I have seen, the judges expect more amplitude from a L7 than a L5. Also many of the deductions are worded "up to .5," So I think Judges tend to expect more each year, especially at L7 as they need to have strong enough of vaults to start flipping at the next level.

not important. only that their run, hurdle, punch and front handspring improves from a training point of view.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back