Parents Warning - Brag Alert - Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
To think . . . I wasn't going to video tape this meet at all . . .

This was Jess's first home hosted meet. She was really excited, more about hosting then competing. She was all about helping at the other meets and handing out awards etc.

But first, she had to compete.

Up first is beam. She is the very first competitor up. I'm thinking eeek talk about pressure. Nice solid routine . . . score comes up . . . 9.675! WHAT?! WOW!

On to Floor. First up again . . . her goal was to NOT trip over her own two feet in front of the judge (she did that at the last meet and is still laughing about it). She didn't trip . . . my husband was watching for the score because they were sitting in front of a mirror. He said the girl holding the score was all excited and couldn't wait to show it . . . . 9.675! That's two new high scores!

Vault is next. She take a few practice runs and I'm in a panic! WHERE ARE HER VAULT SHOES??!!! She injured her foot and hasn't been able to vault without shoes since. I text my older daughter who was sitting near the vault and thankfully we got her attention in time - shoes on - off she goes . . . 8.8!

Finally bars. Bars has not been a strong event for her. It's the only event she has not scored a 9 on. Most likely due to the tap swings. She took a few really scary bad falls on them (scared the coach to death) when she switched to grips. Now gripless I think she holds back a little. Drum roll please . . . 9.075! Her first 9 on bars!

We are so proud of her. 1st on everything but vault where she got 2nd and her first 37 AA (37.225)

After the meet all the girls from the next session were asking "hey how'd you do??" and her reply "good", "ok". Her friends and I had to add the "she came in first" for her.

At her gym they do a prize for the highest event score across all the teams. She's hopeful her 9.675 has secured her the prize. She finds out tonight

So we have 1 more level 5 meet then off to early states. I asked if she was going to be ok with her scores dropping and no more first places for awhile and she said "duh, yea, can't wait to be level 6"

Just had to share with people who get it :D

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

Last edited:
Congrats to her!! Sounds like she's more than ready for level 6!

9.675 that is a CRAZY HIGH SCORE! Wow! Good for her! And good for her for not tripping over her own feet! So funny to read that and 9.675 in the same sentence!!:)

Those are some huge scores!! Glad she got to rock her home meet. :D I think that always feels great. :) She has had such a great level 5 season. I am happy that switching to USAG has been a positive experience for her!

Woohoo!!! Congrats on a great meet! She did awesome :) I can't wait to see the video. Those are some huge scores and major accomplishments. Way to go!!! I'm sure she's gonna rock Level 6.

No need for the brag warning . . . We all listen to each other's brags with CB pride, don't we? ;)

First, those are some seriously fantastic scores. Way to go, Jess! :D She must be ecstatic.

Second, I love her humility, even though I'm sure she was thrilled inside! :)

Third, her emphasis on her own progression instead of scores is admirable and shows a mature perspective.

With all of these things combined, it sounds as if you have a wonderful girl! Way to go, fboth Jess and Mom! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back