WAG What is this drill for?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
Just curious about what a drill my DD is doing helps/leads to. A bit of back ground...she's hoping to go L8 come December and is still nursing a sprained knee. She has also flipped a tsuk into the pit already and has done some Yurchenko drills.
So this is what she was working on during a vault rotation on the rod floor ( which is also where they do tumbling before moving on to the real floor) so it could have been the floor rotation and it just came after the vault.
She would run done the rod floor, hit the vault spring board and do a back tuck onto the level 4 vaulting mat.

Is this for floor, vault, both, tsuk, yurchenko, none of the above ? :) Seems like it could be used for a lot of things. DD has no clue what it helps. She was just following directions :)

My daughter has been doing these too. I just assumed it was to get a higher back tuck. I guess I'm wrong again.

Ok not to hijack this thread but I laughed out loud reading the post about being wrong again. This is the story of my life with this sport...I never know what is going on!! Yesterday I thought my kid hadn't the last trick she needed for her level....no. Close but no. Apparently there was more to it than that. Hah!

Yes, DD too....they were doing these RO BT on the springboard. This is apparently very hard my DD says as the springboard messes her up. Now they are also doing RO to candlestick on high stacked mats. Some of the girls have graduated onto the RO BHS on the high stacked mats. Then they quickly land on their knees (IS of feet) focusing on hollow chest. Some girls are sticking with the tsuk drills, round off on the vault etc.
Very cool to watch progressions from 'what the heck are they up to!' To 'OOoohhhhh!'

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back