Parents Wristbands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Really

Proud Parent
The wristbands gymnasts wear under their grips.... am I supposed to be washing them? Because my Dd's had hers since last October and they now smell like dirty socks. Can I just toss them in the washer & dryer? They came with no laundry instructions.

You can wash for sure.....but they still come out like sandpaper. I buy them by the dozen and replace them every month or two.
Also, a boy on the team got a terrible skin infection from not keeping those things clean.......

We usually put ours in the washer with detergent and fabric softener and then lay them out to air dry. I have put them in the dryer but it causes some unraveling so I stopped.

My dd loves clean wrist bands. She has two sets that she rotates. I wash them every couple of weeks or whenever they get "crunchy". She always has one clean pair ready to go in her locker.

I washed just before a competition and later found out that the coach had told other parents not to wash them. I guess that a fresh pair can affect the fit of the grips.

I had a gymnast whose wristbands were so stinky for so long that I actually took them. Then when mom picked her up I followed them out to the car and hung them on the rear view mirror with tape as an air freshener. Lol. Yes I really did this. Obviously it was in a joking manner , but watching mom gag while trying to get them down was priceless . Needless to say after months of requesting they wash them to no avail , this worked. :). Yes please wash them once a week! That stink is bacteria !

I cannot get dd to bring her wristbands home. The girls keep their grip bags somewhere inside the gym, not in their personal lockers. I guess that whenever a girl takes home her grips (if it isn't the day before a meet), it's a sign that she's leaving the gym, so apparently all the girls are reluctant to bring home their grip bags. I told dd she does not need to bring home her grip bag, but she must bring home the wristbands to wash. She doesn't, so I keep on sending her in with new ones.

I wish her coach would tell her to take them home to wash!

I cannot get dd to bring her wristbands home. The girls keep their grip bags somewhere inside the gym, not in their personal lockers. I guess that whenever a girl takes home her grips (if it isn't the day before a meet), it's a sign that she's leaving the gym, so apparently all the girls are reluctant to bring home their grip bags. I told dd she does not need to bring home her grip bag, but she must bring home the wristbands to wash. She doesn't, so I keep on sending her in with new ones.

I wish her coach would tell her to take them home to wash!
Tell her if she doesnt bring them home you will ask the coach.:D

I wash and air dry dd's when she finally remembers to bring them to me! Probably every couple of months Lol. during meet season we are asked not to wash them unless there is at least two weeks between meets.

You can wash for sure.....but they still come out like sandpaper. I buy them by the dozen and replace them every month or two.
Also, a boy on the team got a terrible skin infection from not keeping those things clean.......
Oh man...I can't throw hers out. Even the neon green ones that she won't wear anymore she has in her keepsake drawer....yes, weird child.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back