WAG A little update- 1st L9 Meet in 3 Weeks and....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Little Monkey finally got her last piece together! She connected her pirouette to baile for the first time yesterday andI was lucky enough to be there to see it! It was her first time trying the connection, even the night before, she told me she might start with pirouette-kip-cast-baile, but yesterday she did a bunch of timers and coach asked if she was ready to go for it and she said yes!

That's is awesome!! Congrats!!!

My Dd put hers together last Wednesday (finally) and I was able to see her do 3 routines yesterday. She has her 1st meet on Saturday. I have to admit that I am a bit nervous. :)

Awesome! We do swing half connected to bail and dd has that, but she doesn't have her in-bar (toe-hand) in front of the swing half, yet. I'm getting nervous for her. She says if she doesn't get the in-bar, she will have a 9.9 start value instead of a 10. Our first meet isn't until January, so we have a tiny bit of time. Are all of the other events good to go?!?! We are still debating our first tumbling pass on floor, but other than that we are ready on all other events.

Thanks GMM :) This is just a small meet, which I am thankful for. It will be nice for her to be able to get her "feet wet" to see exactly where she is and what needs to be improved.

I don't know if I am the only who feel this way but L9 seems like such a huge jump from L8.

Are all of the other events good to go?!?! We are still debating our first tumbling pass on floor, but other than that we are ready on all other events.

1st pass is 1-1/2 punch front. DD is not too confident on the punch front, if she can pull it off will have 10.0 SV. We'll see.
Vault is coming along, she might be doing yurchenko pike now, originally thought she'd be starting with tuck.
Beam is good :)

Ingwe - how is your DD's hand?
L9 does feel like a huge jump! I'm not a fan of the unknown!
Our first meet is BIG. Just found out rotation - starting on bars :eek:

Her hand is good. It hasn't bothered her at all. Thanks for asking :)

She starts on bars at her meet this Saturday too. When I saw that I was like well isn't that just fantastic. Lol!!

I am very curious about the scoring. I have no idea what to expect. Good thing is after this meet she has until mid January before the next one. (Which is a huge out of state meet) it will give her time to fix whatever needs fixing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back