Off Topic High ankle sprains?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
I have a few questions about high ankle sprains.

How would you rate the pain of a high ankle sprain and the cause of it? I twisted it doing some weird jump today, with severe pain in the beginning and moderate pain now.

How is bruising? As of right now I have a small black and blue oval where my leg and foot meet. I also popped a blood vessel from the falling impact.

What are limitations? I have no clue what I'll be able to do when I return to gym on Monday (no gym this weekend).

Is this even a high ankle sprain? I did a bit of research on this topic and feel there is no need to go to the doctor since I can walk. I feel that it is just a mild sprain, if at all.

Go to the doctor anyways. I walked around on a severe ankle sprain and didn't realize it was as bad as it was.
We had a girl competing, not knowing that she actually had a stress fracture in her ankle (she didn't say anything except it hurt "a little"). She was out for 10 weeks instead of the 6 weeks had she been treated immediately.
Better safe than sorry.

Go to the doctor anyways. I walked around on a severe ankle sprain and didn't realize it was as bad as it was.
We had a girl competing, not knowing that she actually had a stress fracture in her ankle (she didn't say anything except it hurt "a little"). She was out for 10 weeks instead of the 6 weeks had she been treated immediately.
Better safe than sorry.

are these symptoms even worthy of a high ankle sprain? I've had an ankle sprain before, not high ankle sprain (but then again I was told it was MUCH worse than a break). What is the pain location, symptoms, etc.?

We are not allowed to diagnose. It could be a high ankle sprain. It could be a regular ankle sprain. There is not knowing for sure. Go to the doctor.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back