Parents Another Level 6 Meet Report & video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
[YOUTUBE]jHHEcfIhFrU[/YOUTUBE]

This weekend was the KICK-OFF. We went last year and had a blast so we were looking forward to this year . . and we had our eyes on the spirit award. Last year the team that won had all male coaches wearing little cheer costumes. We figure you only get to win for that once - and this year we want it. So 2 months ago my daughter and the coach started brainstorming. It took those 2 months to complete the final results, which you can see in the beginning of the video. Honestly, if we don't win - it's fixed! LOL Either way it was fun and kids loved it. We won't know until tonight after all the meets are complete who the winning gym is.

On to the actual competition. 8am stretch and hour away. YAWN . . . We started on beam. Yea! DD is strong on beam and that means we'll end on bars (boo). She scored a 9.6 (1st place) and we were all relieved she stuck the full turn. Next was floor 9.225 (3rd place) and Vault 9.1 (3rd place).

Now I'm thinking, she's having a great meet - damn those bars. Maybe we'll get a break . . . nope 7.05 ugh

She came home with 5th all around and all hyped up. It was a long night but when she finally crashed - oh did she crash! LOL

We have one more level 6 meet then off to early states. I will not miss level 6! :p

Have a good weekend all!

Fabulous beam routine, she truly is a beam queen. Great meet and great results.

Whan you say you will be glad for L6 to be over, is Jess moving to L7?

Way to go :). Rock solid on beam :) great job floor and vault. I feel the pain on bars, was my one of my DD best event last year L5 but has struggled with that clear hip thing L6 :( harsh scoring too IMHO LOL

Great job! She has a gorgeous beam routine!! Scoring for Level 6 bars is super tough. Looks like that is pretty much all she needs to work on though, because everything else is great!

She looks like a lovely gymnast - tight, strong, and confident. Super routines. For what it is worth, I think the bars score was a little harsh.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back