Back Hip Circles ... HELP!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

goldgymgirl

Hey everyone I have been doing gymnastics for a while now and I just CANT seem to get a hold of the back hip circle . I cant throw my legs all the way over . So can anyone give me any tips on what I could be doing wrong . And I just got moved to the next level so could me not beeing able to do this effect me at all with going to the next level .
< Thanks >

You can't really tell what a person is doing wrong without seeing it, so just be forewarned, the tips you get are going to be maybe not what you need. One thing I always tell myself on BHC is to wait until my hips are back at the bar.Be patient! With the momentum of your cast, when your hips touch the bar, pike your legs around and just keep going. And make sure you're keeping your legs straight, because believe it or not, that will make a difference in how you go around. HTH!!

I would avoid piking in a back hip circle as this takes forever to fix later.
Cast leaning forward over the bar
Keep a tight hollow shape as it will rotate more quickly than a loose shape
as soon as your hips return to the bar, lean back through your shoulders and rotate your hands around the bar quickly.
You goal should be to not be able to stop the back hip circle as it comes back over the bar so later skills are easier to learn.

Hope this helps.

I agree with CoachTodd. Keep a tight hollow shape rather than a pike. Make sure you do not throw your head back. Basically as you go around you should be able to look for your toes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back