Parents Bar/beam questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmom826

Proud Parent
What is a kip handstand? Not a kip cast I heard of that one, but a kip handstand? Is there a difference?

On beam, is a tick tock more difficult than a BWO? Or less?

Thanks

I would assume the kip handstand is actually a kip cast (to) handstand. Can't answer about the difficulty of a tick tock vs backwalkover.

Cast can be anywhere from horizontal to handstand. Handstand means actual handstand, which means vertical. How high the cast must be to get credit depends on the level.

Not familiar with tick toc, its either another way of saying BWO or possibly BHS or none of those. Sorry no help there.

A tick tock is a drill type skill for bwo. Easier? Not sure. It takes more balance. Some may say it's harder than a bio since you don't have the momentum working for you.

i don't know if tick tock counts as one of the necessary skills on beam or not. i think it looks cool on beam especially when they cross the 2nd leg over or bend it before going back to starting position. but i don't know that it can take the place of a BWO or BHS skill. it may be just more filler than anything. your coach would know.

what a previous mom said - you can kip and cast and as long as you cast to the degree needed for that level, it counts. but a kip cast handstand is going vertical.

Thanks for your responses. If a tick tick is done with a BHS and a BWO is done with a BHS, which would score better?

With the kip handstand I was wondering if that was the same as a kip cast handstand..

My DD is only doing those on floor lines so far, but I would say for her the tic-toc is easier. She is strong and flexible but doesn't have the best body awareness, so slower works for her.

Thanks for your responses. If a tick tick is done with a BHS and a BWO is done with a BHS, which would score better?

With the kip handstand I was wondering if that was the same as a kip cast handstand..
They would both score the same, provided they were performed equally well. Some girls prefer the tick-tock because bwo's can be scary for them.

Yes, you are talking about a kip cast handstand, which is commonly the first combination in a level 7 routine.

whichever one your daughter can do better/cleaner will score better. my gymmie is in level 6. she does a BHS. others do a BWO. her BHS does not count more than her teammates doing a BWO. in fact, beam is a tough one for her so even though she does a harder skill, girls doing a BWO are cleaner and score higher than her (typically not always).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back