Parents Brag Alert...38.375 Level 5

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sophia is a lovely gymnast. What was with the coach that had to hold her arm walking the girls over to the judges' table and then position each girl personally as they stood talking to the judges? Is he just ocd? I guess that just struck me as odd I guess. He seems nice the way he walked/talked to Sophia getting ready to vault. Anyway, Congrats to Sophia on another fabulous meet.

EDIT ----- I'm adding this from my below post so as to make a point clear :)

MdGymMom01 - yes you are right :). I should've read over my post before clicking reply. Thank you for pointing that out.

I really wasn't trying to say that it was a negative thing that the coach is a little OCD, it just stuck out to me I guess. You're right, a little OCD in a coach can be a very good thing. I was just wondering if he's the 'perfectionist' of the coaches at her gym. All gyms need one of those coaches and I was just thinking that he might be theirs
;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophia is really an amazing gymnast---so poised, precise and has impeccable form. NOG--I noticed that too in the video where the coach led them over to the judges table and lined them up :). I now see how that perfectionism rubs off onto the gymnasts--I guess a little ocd is good for coaches and gymnasts! Is that Sophies coach? He looks like a very nice and caring coach to the girls.

MdGymMom01 - yes you are right :). I should've read over my post before clicking reply. Thank you for pointing that out.

I really wasn't trying to say that it was a negative thing that the coach is a little OCD, it just stuck out to me I guess. You're right, a little OCD in a coach can be a very good thing. I was just wondering if he's the 'perfectionist' of the coaches at her gym. All gyms need one of those coaches and I was just thinking that he might be theirs ;)

I will re-edit my above post to include this one so that I can be clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophia is a lovely gymnast to watch! Thanks for sharing your videos with us on CB! I'd love it if you would stop by more often & contribute to some other threads. I'm sure you input & insight would be welcomed by all:)!

I would love to post more.....I'm a little gun shy because of some past threads but I will definitely try to contribute more....when time permits...single mom, 22 hours a week in the gym with one daughter, other daughter golfs and swims and I work full time....but it's important to share our insights isn't it!!

I would love to post more.....I'm a little gun shy because of some past threads but I will definitely try to contribute more....when time permits...single mom, 22 hours a week in the gym with one daughter, other daughter golfs and swims and I work full time....but it's important to share our insights isn't it!!
You do sound like a busy mom! Whatever time you have to post other people's threads will be greatly appreciated! I'm sure you must have some good advice to share with others. You are obviously doing something right with Sophia;)! Her form is wonderful & she looks like she's having a blast:D!

Sophia's form is impeccable! DD loves to watch her as well! She is inspired by her!

What a little Sweet Pea. She does such an amazing job. I just love watching her. You can tell that she works so hard and that she truely loves what she is doing. Congrats to your DD.

Gorgeous routines. You can see she is a hard worker and still enjoying her gymnastics at the same time. I personally hope they don't rush her through the levels. I am enjoying seeing her accomplishment and enjoyment at each one too much! And she is so young she has time to do it all. Good luck and can't wait for the next one. Congratulations Sophia.

Slow and Steady

Thank you for all the nice words!! Sophia will stay a level 5 all this season and probably do the whole level 6 season too. Coach doesn't want her to burn out....she's only been in the gym for 2 years and needs some time to perfect the basics believe it or not. She likes it with her team wins the team awards and she's with a GREAT group of girls so here we are.....parents of girls from other teams have asked me the same question!!

Karen

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back